Performance modifications

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Youre gonna love it. I had gone to the ferrari factory and it was very nice but more like a mass production line. I now have a great appreciation for the privilege to own and the work of art this car is

Reactions: BtwoG and Special K

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
Hi Nid4spd if you can go from 647 HP up another 80 or 100 will it be that noticeable? yes from 350 HP to 450 HP 100 its noticeable, but not at these higher HP levels, for example I have a 2011 super snake with over 150 HP more than my Ford GT and its hard to tell overall, in a straight line the SS feels faster but doesn't hook up and its not as balanced, the GT handles better and is faster with less HP.

Steve

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Does it matter? More is more! "grunt grunt grunt" Tool Man

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Hi. Modesty aside, Ive had them all Supersnake 900 hp Gt500 ect. ect. and youre right those mustangs go nowhere in the street with high horsepower, but cars like these improve and appreciate moderate hp gains. a perfect example is an 05...06 Gt. just a few bolt on mods wake up the car immensely and i stongly suspect the new Gt would do so too. That being said after going to the assembly tour and a few inside comments Ive decided itd be unwise to be the maverick on this idea. At this moment the consequenses far outweigh the rewards. When the car is out of warranty surely someone is gonna do the research and development, making the descision a lot more viable

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
(said with a smile), see we were trying to tell you this.

Glad you had a good trip to Markham, as mentioned many times, so worth the trip.

That being said after going to the assembly tour and a few inside comments Ive decided itd be unwise to be the maverick on this idea.

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
(said with a smile), see we were trying to tell you this.

Glad you had a good trip to Markham, as mentioned many times, so worth the trip.
Thanks again. Appreciated the great advice! Confirmed you guys were 100% right when i went thru the tour

khalid0

GT Owner
Apr 14, 2016
Dubai
I track my car all the time, I think Ford should offer an upgrade pack, my car high speed pull is weak, at the end of a long straight on the track and shifting in 6th gear hitting above 200kmh the pull is not strong, the gearbox also needs to be a bit faster compared to a Porsche PDK, The cooling scoop on the MKII should be offered, I’m not talking major power upgrade, just a bit of tweak in engine mapping and gear box response.

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
I track my car all the time, I think Ford should offer an upgrade pack, my car high speed pull is weak, at the end of a long straight on the track and shifting in 6th gear hitting above 200kmh the pull is not strong, the gearbox also needs to be a bit faster compared to a Porsche PDK, The cooling scoop on the MKII should be offered, I’m not talking major power upgrade, just a bit of tweak in engine mapping and gear box response.
Im willing to bet well developed performance increases will all be available in the not too distant future. Probably not thru Ford but thru aftermarket tuners. Ford probably, for the most part achieved what they set out to get from the GT program. Pushing the cars performance might not be in their best interest. Patience sounds like the best approach

Reactions: khalid0

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
If you're willing to tweak the engine why not put the car on a diet too. It's amazing that this car is about double the 66 weight and the 66 had a cast iron 427

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
If you're willing to tweak the engine why not put the car on a diet too. It's amazing that this car is about double the 66 weight and the 66 had a cast iron 427
Great point. Still dont quite understand the weight even with the hydraulics part of the reason

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006
Great point. Still dont quite understand the weight even with the hydraulics part of the reason
Then again i asked at the factory and the race only MkII is only 200lbs lighter

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
1st off its a large car! Here are the 3 generations (yes the 40 is real)

20180612_133941.jpg

nid4spd

FORD GT OWNER
Jun 3, 2006

View attachment 58714
Wow!! Yes. Nice pic!! Thanks

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah

View attachment 58714
Awesome! Small, Medium and Large

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018

That is an excellent point that we all often forget. As sportscars get bigger - they get heavier as well! Great pic!

Try a “HP Tuner” plunged into the VCM to record engine data and make changes.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Why bother? The car has plenty of power!
Look at all the 05/06 cars that had big power and went back to stock

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas

FORD does have one! I.2 million. The Mark II

Reactions: khalid0