Part # for Clamshell Spring cover

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Looking for part number for the spring "cover" on the clamshell latch stop springs. Believe Gary (Xcentric) posted a paert number or a replacement part from Lowes hardware...

Thanks,

Mike

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Funny you posted this, I was about to head to the dealer this morning to try and order them. Is there any better way to find them vs through Ford?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The plastic top is not a separate part.

There are a lot of different part numbers, because these springs are used on a lot of models. Google "Mustang trunk springs" and you'll get something like this or this. Or go to a junk yard and get them for a few bucks. Or maybe free.

Sinovac did the legwork at Lowe's to find this piece that fits into the spring if you don't want to replace the entire part.

View attachment 54383

I'm surprised he used them, because they are made in Taiwan. Maybe that's okay, because it's not mainland China. Minus a point at the Concours judging.

Attachments

• 12125.jpeg
    12125.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
That’s what wore out, that what I’m replacing....

I’m not spending the money to win a beauty prize with a 100% car anyway Gary so no worries...

Thanks

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yeah, me too. Those plastic bits all fall apart.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You are correct Gary. Taiwan good. China bad.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I used a rubber grommet you can buy at Lowe's. The type of grommet used to run wires through a firewall to protect the wires. Popped the deteriorated one out of the spring top and shoved the rubber grommet into it's place. Works great and cheap.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
721db4b5be269ad2fcf64616cb347774.jpg

You can still get them from Ford or Scott. I bought mine from Ford last year to have a spare set.

6G7Z-6343128-A I believe is the part number. If you are replacing a non-popup spring you have to use a 6mm nut on both sides on the attaching bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: