Parking in track mode

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
I imagine this has been discussed and I have searched for it with no luck. Was talking with an owner in California and he mentioned some have said there’s a “cheat code” to get it to stay in track mode when you turn the car off. Wanted to see if this was a real thing or not?

Side note, very excited... got a call from concierge Friday saying I could move my date up to end of this year!:)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No it is not. You can leave the wing up though.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Side note, very excited... got a call from concierge Friday saying I could move my date up to end of this year!:)

That’s cool! What was your original quoted production window? By moving the date up, did they tell you that you would be limited to a “regular” GT; that is, no carbon series, no custom paint color, etc?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, there is some possibility to move up if you're willing to order a "non-series" car. No on the parking in Track Mode.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
No track mode when car is off. The reason is the hydraulics are used to actually force and keep the car down. Once you turn the car off the hydraulics stop working. Now you could leave it in park and don't shut the car off and it will stay in track mode as long as it is set in track mode.
I was told this by the plant.

Last edited:

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
That’s cool! What was your original quoted production window? By moving the date up, did they tell you that you would be limited to a “regular” GT; that is, no carbon series, no custom paint color, etc?
Original date was July 2021...They actually told me the opposite. That if I ordered end of this year I’d be at the beginning of the new MY and would have more likelihood to get a special edition...

Last edited:
Reactions: DakotaGT

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Also, if your lift the front over a speed bump or concrete curb..REMEMBER..the vehicle drops as soon as the engine is turned off.