Parade lap

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
http://https://youtu.be/T6jss6pxlOI

Our parade lap yesterday. One new GT, the Robertson LM car, 15 GTs, and a bunch of Mustangs and Focus RSs. We were lucky enough to be right alongside the three 66 cars as they entered the track to lead the parade. Maximum speed of 120 allowed (some broke that rule a teensie bit).

A wonderful experince spoilt only by two of our UK GT owners who decided to ignore the strict instruction od 'no passing' and blew past everyone, creating chaos and yellow flags eveywhere. What a couple of prats, hope you read this and make some pathetic justification for your rude and unacceptable behaviour

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thank you Davis (The Texas Mongrel) driving The God Bless Texas Ford GT at Le Mans making us all very proud. Enjoy the remainder of your trip and BRING The GT'S On Home Brother! GO BLUE!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Fantastic! Experience of lifetime. But did you or Roz take that video with your iPotato?

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Nice David & Roz thanks for posting the video

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
What an awesome experience! Jealous that I didn't get to make it but even more thrilled for those who did! Sooooo veeeery cooool!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
A bunch of us who didn't bring our cars had the opportunity to ride in the RS around the track. EPIC!!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Awesome!

What an experience to share for a lifetime.

The (relatively ) slow tour of the track really helps a lot to understand what it is made up of. Use of public roads is incredible.

The Mulsanne is really amazing. What a long straightaway. Imagine it without the chicanes, and imagine how much time the Stig would have for singing!

Pretty good racing lines as well!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Dave and Roz
So glad you filled your experience of a lifetime and posted it for all of us to enjoy. Thank you so very much and so very happy for you both.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Fantastic! Experience of lifetime. But did you or Roz take that video with your iPotato?

Videographer was Roz with her phone. Her arms went numb from holding it up in the air for so long! Got several more short clips I'll post when I get a minute. My favorite is from Ford's satellite hospitality suite at the Mulsanne Chicane where you can stand just the other side of the catch fence and watch the cars whizz past into the turn. An amazing place and if I go back, most of my time will be spent there

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Must've been a huge honor to be able to do that. :cheers