Outstanding contact from Ford World Headquarters in Detroit

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I received an e-mail from Ford World Headquarters in Detroit today contacting me and requesting my assistance on the new Ford GT. It stated I had been selected to give my opinions on and suggestions on portions of the new car development in the near future. This apparently stems from my original ownership of a 2005 GT and a Ford exec we met at the Chicago Auto Show in February. I can't find this guys business card, but Ed Sims, Big Inch Blake, Howard and I all chanced to meet him at the show and we exchanged information after a long chat. If I choose to participate, I will travel to Detroit for a few days at an as of now unspecified date. I'm waiting to hear from the other three guys to see if they received similar requests. How lucky can one guy get? It did not, at this time, specify any non-disclosures. I responded immediately in the affirmative. This should be REALLY interesting.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
How cool for you is that? Congrats! Subscribed for updates...

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Way to go Frank what a great opportunity.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I want in too! Darn, how lucky. Or is this a function of todays date....

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Pretty sure this is April Fools

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes, April Fool. But the real story is Dr. Frank landed a contract modeling mankinis.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Yes, April Fool. But the real story is Dr. Frank landed a contract modeling mankinis.

HE GOT ME-- but his mankini contract requires a strategically place pair of sweat socks.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
My former CEO was going on long deserved vacation to a private island. A group of us decided to chip in for a gift. When he opened the box, it contained the requisite Speedo and a potato. There was a note that reminded him that the potato goes in front, not the back. ;- ))

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Damn. Forgot the date!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
:bs

Attachments

• April Fools Day.jpg
    April Fools Day.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 367

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Check your FB Fred, I have preordered a 17 GT in a secret color, torch red. I was not supposed to disclose the color until the LA show. It is 672 hp, 2650 pounds, 0-60 in 2.7. The build date is 4-1-17.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Check your FB Fred, I have preordered a 17 GT in a secret color, torch red. I was not supposed to disclose the color until the LA show. It is 672 hp, 2650 pounds, 0-60 in 2.7. The build date is 4-1-17.

April Fools :)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Frankie - you were 59 minutes too early with this posting. PDST.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If I choose to participate, I will travel to Detroit for a few days at an as of now unspecified date....

From Texas?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Was your contact via Satellite?

[video=youtube;fgTyiaDmytw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgTyiaDmytw[/video]

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Sounds like a lot'a Texan Bull to me.

Attachments

• True Texas Longhorn.jpg
    True Texas Longhorn.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 249

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I received an e-mail from Ford World Headquarters in Detroit today contacting me and requesting my assistance on the new Ford GT. It stated I had been selected to give my opinions on and suggestions on portions of the new car development in the near future. This apparently stems from my original ownership of a 2005 GT and a Ford exec we met at the Chicago Auto Show in February. I can't find this guys business card, but Ed Sims, Big Inch Blake, Howard and I all chanced to meet him at the show and we exchanged information after a long chat. If I choose to participate, I will travel to Detroit for a few days at an as of now unspecified date. I'm waiting to hear from the other three guys to see if they received similar requests. How lucky can one guy get? It did not, at this time, specify any non-disclosures. I responded immediately in the affirmative. This should be REALLY interesting.

I know your first question is going to be " Where are the Bottle Holders !! " :biggrin

"You couldn't fool anyone on the most foolingist day of your life if you had an Electrified fooling machine..":facepalm:
Homer Simpson...

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I know your first question is going to be " Where are the Bottle Holders !! " :biggrin

I thought it would be it has to come in RED.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I thought it would be it has to come in RED.
That's too Predictable for Frank . He wants to impress these guys !! :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ralphie, is that one of yours? I had a good time composing it. My good friend Ed Sims was supposed to chime in, but he is MIA. If something like this happened, this would be the last place I'd announce it, to all my good friends. Ha ha