May 13, 2006
Dallas
That'll buff out!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I hate seeing photos like that! I overheard the driver saying something about rattle snake noises in the car driving him nuts... :lol

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
anybody know where that is? I want the engine block!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
That will be on Ebay next week with a Salvage title and looking good as new. :wink

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
dgussin1 said:
anybody know where that is? I want the engine block!

Good luck, pre bidding ended at $74K tomorrow at the live auction it'll probably break $90k!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Ok you guys this is suppose to be a fun informative site but with all these wrecked GT's being shown on this site...Well, I'm just so confused and sad. I think I am going to take a vacation to try and find my inner peace :lol :rofl :eek

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A great shame to see a wrecked one, hopefully the driver was OK.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tmstunts#1233 said:
Ok you guys this is suppose to be a fun informative site but with all these wrecked GT's being shown on this site...Well, I'm just so confused and sad. I think I am going to take a vacation to try and find my inner peace :lol :rofl :eek

hold you breath when your insurance renewel comes in the mail.... we will be owned :thumbsdow

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
broken GT's

When at the Rally I was talking to Denny, The GT Guy, who mentioned that they have reapired a number of GT'sat Rousch. The most expensive "repair" was about 100k as it needed a new frame. The insurance company found it less expensive to repair it,than buy the insured a new one under his replacement policy. I believe both Rousch and Saleen offer crash repair services for the GT.

Repair on the GT is basically a un-bolt and replace process. Very $$$. Rear clamshell is $13,800. Un-painted. Rear bumper cover is $2142. Taillights are $385 each. BTW the taillights are a onetime install and must be replaced if removed.

It helps to keep 'em rubber side down and out of harms way.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
taillights

something to do with a one time use fastner going through the mounting flange. Once the hole is "enlarged" by the screw threading it self through the hole - there's not enough material left for the screw to have purchase on. Basically the GT is made up of very light materials - tail lights included.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Punch, I spent a half hour talking to the electrical engineer just about this taillight thing you discovered in the manual. The light itslef is re-usable, the problem, as described by Jeff, are the mounting studs and nuts. Once they come off, they never quite go back on as tight as before. This opens them up to increased vibration and failure, or worse yet, popping out of the car. Statistically, it's cheaper to replace the whole unit than redesign the light. No other options are available.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
PL510*Jeff said:
When at the Rally I was talking to Denny, The GT Guy, who mentioned that they have reapired a number of GT'sat Rousch.

I am the most seriously pity fellow to not make it to the rally/// !

so sad....