Orange Rims

bzambranog

GT Owner
Sep 14, 2020
Hi, I just bought a 2006 Heritage.... and I would like to buy all original accesories as possible.... starting with the authentic orange rims. Someone sells these?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I think any orange ones you've seen are custom. Do a Google Images search for 2006 Ford GT Heritage and 99% have the silver wheels.

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Any Orange rims were painted by the owner. Only stock six spoke or forged BBS in silver came from the factory.

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Heritage cars were sold with either the standard 6 spoke rims or the optional BBS forged rims (both silver in color). Orange painted rims are not "authentic" but they certainly look great to me.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
This is a set I bought new and had professionally painted, intending to use them on my Heritage, but I sold the Heritage without ever mounting the wheels on the car. So the wheels are balanced with Hoosier tires, slicks, that are now too old to drive on, but should protect the wheels in shipment. The wheels have never been bolted on to a car, and you should be able to see that in the pictures, so they are perfect and unused. I rolled them up beside my car for the picture, so you can see the color match. I'm thinking $5800 for the set, all unused, with the caps, and old sticker tires.

Cheers,

Eddie "FourFather"

"2013419Heritagestdwheelinorangecloseup-1.JPG2019-08-29 18.09.32.jpg2013419Heritagewheelorangefrontwhiterear.JPGIMG_20190829_181850.jpg2018-09-19 14.13.43.jpgFourFather"

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I like the base wheels better than the optional forged 10-spoke wheels. I just put the base wheels on my red car. The base wheels are unique to the GT, whereas, the 10-spoke design is now commonplace on all types of cars. Too bad I don’t have a Heritage to put these on.

Reactions: KJD

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I am interested if anyone knows the brand or type of paint used on the wheels. Though not a fan of orange, I can really appreciate how beautifully it was laid down in FourFather's pictures. I am guessing it is extra durable as well?

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
My long-time (over thirty years) painter and friend, that painted the Heritage wheels and every dragster, street car, eighteen wheelers, tag-along trailers, and motorcycles that I have had done over that period of time is Danny Griner- Danny Griner Paint and Body in nearby Burkburnett, Texas. I think his skill and expertise is probably more responsible for the results you see, than the brand and type of paint, although he does use the best available. I feel sure he would tell you what he used, if you care to call him. Danny let the GT Guys use his lift and facility when they serviced my Heritage and installed the Whipple supercharger.

My Lola T70 is shown here in a part of his facility.
LolafronteyelevelMay10-07.JPG

Cheers,

Eddie

Reactions: extrap and Roadtrip