OLD MEETS NEW

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Got under the GT today to check the source of a belly pan buzz that comes and goes, and couldn’t resist taking this picture of my current favorite vehicle and my current project car.
Regarding the buzz, there are numerous nooks and crannies throughout the underside of the car that can hold rocks. I blew them all out (I thought I the fairing at the front that covers the lower A-arm mounts was the culprit), but interestingly there were also two holes in the rear pan that clearly have never seen screws. Luckily, our 05/06 bellypan screws are a perfect fit, so it was an easy fix. Back to the track!41753907-6BB8-421F-A72A-E550F3F20B34.jpeg

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Very cool project and picture

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Cool picture Dave.

Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I thought it was going to be you with a young lady~!!
LOL!
NICE PICTURE!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Great picture. I can see that the length of your new project was limited by the space in your garage! That is going to be one unique vehicle for sure.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Yup, 19foot chassis in a 20foot bay

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Very cool David,

Like the beer break/mental visualization area in the back.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
That pic of your new GT living amongst tools and projects in a working garage makes me smile. 😊 That’s exactly how Ford wants them enjoyed!

Reactions: Ed Sims

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Dave thanks for posting this,I was curious how it was coming along. That looks like a one-off exhaust manifold among other things. Cant wait to see more progress pictures.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nice work Dave. car looks great.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Got under the GT today to check the source of a belly pan buzz that comes and goes, and couldn’t resist taking this picture of my current favorite vehicle and my current project car.
Regarding the buzz, there are numerous nooks and crannies throughout the underside of the car that can hold rocks. I blew them all out (I thought I the fairing at the front that covers the lower A-arm mounts was the culprit), but interestingly there were also two holes in the rear pan that clearly have never seen screws. Luckily, our 05/06 bellypan screws are a perfect fit, so it was an easy fix. Back to the track!View attachment 54999

Just got my 4 post lift installed at the house. Took a look at the NFGT underneath side and was surprised to find that I too had a screw missing. Guess I'm lucky to have only 1 screw missing.

Wonder if Ford decided to reduce cost by using less screws??

20190421_173110.jpg20190425_185132.jpg20190425_185140.jpg

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Really unique picture and project.

Now this has me wondering if any fasteners are missing on my GT.