66nur44z%20Ireland-Salmon%20Ford%20GT40.JPG

67par03x%20Ickx-Hawkins%20Mirage%20M1.JPG

66riverside71z%20Ford%20X-1.JPG

67project00y%20Ford%20MkIII.JPG

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
J car, J car, J car, Mk 1, Mirage, X1, Mk 3.
BTW, how cool would it be to have a Superformance car converted to Mirage dimensions? Dig that rear window and rounded roof!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
A bit of stiff chassis!

67par03x%20Ickx-Hawkins%20Mirage%20M1.JPG

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Superformance Mirage

J car, J car, J car, Mk 1, Mirage, X1, Mk 3.
BTW, how cool would it be to have a Superformance car converted to Mirage dimensions? Dig that rear window and rounded roof!

It's already in the works. If you have a copy, read page 1183 of the new edition of "World Registry of Cobras and GT40s" published by SAAC:

http://www.saac.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=11&Itemid=45

The bottom line according to SAAC: Harley Cluxton owns the Mirage trademark, and thus is the Mirage factory. He is planning to reconstruct the wrecked Mirage 10002 using a chassis purpose-built by Hi-Tech (Superformance). SAAC also notes that up to six continuation Mirages may be built. It's a fascinating scenario - cars built by the Mirage factory which will be fully eligible for FIA Historic Technical Passports!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
FIA Tech Passport is available to every repop. But they won't help you at the great events,... can run HSR all day with them... A clone, 'cloak' and a fake all share the same heritage. Clearly the Cobra kit market has driven up the price of the originals. Just calling a spade a spade.

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Great pics, thanks for posting! Took me back to the 60's, and slot car racing my Cox GT40.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"It's already in the works. If you have a copy, read page 1183 of the new edition of "World Registry of Cobras and GT40s" published by SAAC:

The bottom line according to SAAC: Harley Cluxton owns the Mirage trademark, and thus is the Mirage factory. He is planning to reconstruct the wrecked Mirage 10002 using a chassis purpose-built by Hi-Tech (Superformance). SAAC also notes that up to six continuation Mirages may be built. It's a fascinating scenario - cars built by the Mirage factory which will be fully eligible for FIA Historic Technical Passports! "

How cool is that! I talked with Cluxton (Bony, ins't he an old Glenview guy too?) years ago about the Mirage. Oddly enough, at that time he was highly critical of the GT40 MkV that was making the rounds in the various car mags, Automobile in particular. Seems to me this car will be an extension of the MkV '40s anyhow.