OK, So who is the Florida Rock Star?

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I was on my way to Chicago for an investor conference and had some time to kill, so I picked up a Ford Mustang Fast Ford's magazine. Well, to my surprise there was a Ford GT article titled DO YOU WANT TO BE A ROCK STAR. Not only was the article about a GT, but a beatuiful highly modified GTX1 with Florida plates. It was a nice article about the GTX1 where Kip Ewing got some nice PR, but the owner of this fine machine was left blank. So, does anyone know who's car was featured in the article?

John

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Fl Gt

Not sure - but I was at the track in Daytona yesterday in the Gulf GT and was accosted by a young guy on a scooter (Michael's Barnes' mechanic?) who siad his buddy had three GTs in the Palm Beach area. Said Pam Anderson was coming in to do a photo shoot? He did show me pix on his iPhone. He also said his friend had just sent a transaxle off to Australia for modification to handle "huge horsepower" - even more than the twin turbos! Look for something special later this year.

I have no idea if there is anything to this..."you decide, we just report"

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
That would be my car in the article! Glad you liked it. The article was cool and the pictures were nice except the lighting was way off making the car appear darker than it is.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Said it B4. 'Will say it again. There isn't a camera in the world that can do full justice to that paint job.:frown

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
'Said it B4. 'Will say it again. There isn't a camera in the world that can do full justice to that paint job.:frown

I hear you but this was worse than usual :frown

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
sweet ride for sure !!

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
little trivia............

A dear friend is the Executive Producer of a new movie presently shooting in LA. The movie called "crazy on the inside" starring TIM ALLEN and RAY LIOTTA.........the interesting part is that Tim Allen drives a black no stripe FGT in the movie....his personal car. So, before long these cars will hit the screen in various ways.

Gino

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So that means he gets to write off the car as business expense?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
hmmmmm..... I see a new carrer for ya Franky. Movies! Here's on for ya!

Title: The Mad Dr. FrankGTstein!

Plot: Psycho in a red FGT traveling the country and breaking into FGT owners garages to paint their cars red….

Caught when he hits Kalifornia and hit Shadowman’s lair.

Battle ensues. Fight scene highlights -The Mad Dr. is KO by the lambo doors... Blown backwards as the FGT exhaust on dyno throws him across the room.

End of Movie: The Mad Dr is found on the police stations doorstep wrapped in blue 3M tape!

Closing clip: all red FGT's value diminsh. Empty Pockets buy's a red one

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It is the truth. No magazine shots will likely ever capture the ridiculousness of that paint job.

When the sun was setting and it was in the courtyard at Rally II, I don't recall ever seeing a better looking paint job on any car. Period.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You know Mikey, you have a really, really, really vivid imagination for an engineer. Too many Shirley Temples, I think.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
You know Mikey, you have a really, really, really vivid imagination for an engineer. Too many Shirley Temples, I think.

Nahhhhh.. Gave up on those damn Shirley Temples when I was 8 yrs old. Grandpa had a bar and I sat there one Saturday afternoon eating 1/2 gallon of maraschino cherries.... Became sick as a dog!:ack Last cherry I ever had (true for life also:bored) :bs

Next weekend it was only beer :cheers

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
So that means he gets to write off the car as business expense?

You know Frank, that's one way of looking at it. They did purchase a new set of wheels directly from FORD in case of a blow out, I know that was a Prod. Co. expense...I'm sure evthing else toward that car will be......will they pay him for it? I doubt it...Tim is a car nut, and i'm sure he is doing it for the exposure to his car.....but i like your thinking..lol

Gino

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
hmmmmm..... I see a new carrer for ya Franky. Movies! Here's on for ya!

Title: The Mad Dr. FrankGTstein!

Plot: Psycho in a red FGT traveling the country and breaking into FGT owners garages to paint their cars red….

Caught when he hits Kalifornia and hit Shadowman’s lair.

Battle ensues. Fight scene highlights -The Mad Dr. is KO by the lambo doors... Blown backwards as the FGT exhaust on dyno throws him across the room.

End of Movie: The Mad Dr is found on the police stations doorstep wrapped in blue 3M tape!

We need to get Leno, Allen and Mad to go to rally III and do some stand up.:banana

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Nahhhhh.. Gave up on those damn Shirley Temples when I was 8 yrs old. Grandpa had a bar and I sat there one Saturday afternoon eating 1/2 gallon of maraschino cherries.... Became sick as a dog!:ack Last cherry I ever had (true for life also:bored) :bs

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl :ack:ack:ack :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Great tragedy in life is that you only savor the things that you will never have again. :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Hmmmmmmmmmm...uh...'zactly whut kinda munny might we be talkin' here? :skep

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...When the sun was setting and it was in the courtyard at Rally II, I don't recall ever seeing a better looking paint job on any car. Period.

At the Monterey Historics on the grass - hard to find a better looking car! My daughter wanted me to get mine converted!!