ok I will open this up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
I have a problem with my AC and Heater system. The Fan is blowing and making all kinds of noise, but nothing is coming out of the vents. I was told by a VERY reliable source that the problem is due to the butterfly valve that switches between the heater and ac. It only has two nubs that hold it in place and if one breaks the butterfly valve just sits there swinging betweeen the ac and heater unit untill the other one breaks. If you have this problem or have had this problem please post. I was told that the entire dash needs to come out to fix this problem. It would be under warranty, but I know not one of the dealers in Colorado has taken the entire dash apart. I am worried.

Joe

Aug 25, 2006
I have a problem with my AC and Heater system. The Fan is blowing and making all kinds of noise, but nothing is coming out of the vents. I was told by a VERY reliable source that the problem is due to the butterfly valve that switches between the heater and ac. It only has two nubs that hold it in place and if one breaks the butterfly valve just sits there swinging betweeen the ac and heater unit untill the other one breaks. If you have this problem or have had this problem please post. I was told that the entire dash needs to come out to fix this problem. It would be under warranty, but I know not one of the dealers in Colorado has taken the entire dash apart. I am worried.

Joe

Hi Joe

I understand your concern and yet if it as you describe she needs to be tended too.

I suggest that you call The GT Guys as they have been down this road before and in fact are completing a dash swap at this time on another gal.

All the best

Shadowman

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I was told by a VERY reliable source that the problem is due to the butterfly valve that switches between the heater and ac. It only has two nubs that hold it in place and if one breaks the butterfly valve just sits there swinging betweeen the ac and heater unit untill the other one breaks. If you have this problem or have had this problem please post.

I have the same problem. When I took it in, Ford Tech told the dealership it was normal. We just listened to it at the rally compared against another car (that was quiet) and there definitely is an issue.

I have heard the same opinion about what is wrong, but have not done anything yet.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have the same problem. When I took it in, Ford Tech told the dealership it was normal. We just listened to it at the rally compared against another car (that was quiet) and there definitely is an issue.

I have heard the same opinion about what is wrong, but have not done anything yet.

Some one brought up a noise like this in the tech Meeting at the rally. I mentioned this might be the problem. Sounds like it's some thing we need to watch.

jkgt

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2006
Colorado
The GT Guys were very helpful in the area of information gathering on this topic. I was told that there has been quite a few of these done. I am wondering: First how many, Second did you have the dealership open up the dash or the GT Guys, And finailly if this is a fix once and for all problem? I dont want this to turn into a bash like the axle-bolts, but I am trying to figure out which way to go.

Thanks to all
joe

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I know that one of the other fellow rally-goers complained of the same issue during our run from Scottsdale to Newport, I just can't remember who had the issue!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
service

Joe - find a Ford dealer you like & will work with you. Even without GT experience a good tech taking his time will do fine & I'm sure your problem will be corrected. Also, as we were told at the Rally, the warranty claims are monitored by Ford so this is important info to gather/study.

Ed

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
My car's AC likes to blow very hot out the dash vents every so often without me touching any of the controls. Then it goes back to cold all on its own. I should mention that there is a whooshing noise under the passenger side dashboard just before it begins blowing cold again and that it happens regardless if I am running the air temperature control in full cold, three quarters cold or half cold - the temperature of air coming out the vents has a mind of its own.

Mike Hocking at Polito Ford will be having a look at it shortly.

Terry

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
My car's AC likes to blow very hot out the dash vents every so often without me touching any of the controls. Then it goes back to cold all on its own. I should mention that there is a whooshing noise under the passenger side dashboard just before it begins blowing cold again and that it happens regardless if I am running the air temperature control in full cold, three quarters cold or half cold - the temperature of air coming out the vents has a mind of its own.

Mike Hocking at Polito Ford will be having a look at it shortly.

Terry

Sounds like your evaporator is icing (then your getting warm air ) then de-icing ( back to cold ). They can do that when running a/c for long periods of time at a cold setting. The whooshing noise might be the deicing cycle. The temp of the a/c is constant. When you turn the knob so it isn't as cold you are bleeding warm air into the mix not adjusting the output of the a/c. Just one possibility. I also think it is more prevalent in high humidity areas.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Sounds like your evaporator is icing (then your getting warm air ) then de-icing ( back to cold ). They can do that when running a/c for long periods of time at a cold setting. The whooshing noise might be the deicing cycle. The temp of the a/c is constant. When you turn the knob so it isn't as cold you are bleeding warm air into the mix not adjusting the output of the a/c. Just one possibility. I also think it is more prevalent in high humidity areas.

I've considered that except I've had it happen soonafter start up and the car being stored in a warm underground garage over night. There is no way the evaporator could have freezed in that short amount of time.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
A friends GT has a problem when changing from hot to cold or cold to hot. The fan speed drops considerably when going through the different settings. Tested a few things, Fan wired to a independent 12volt source, all good. Sounds like the console control module. Any thoughts. Cheers

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Yes the blend door works fine.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
My problem is no warm air when switched to heat. A/C on or off, recirculate on or off.

Blend door?

Status
Not open for further replies.