Oil filters?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I’ve been waiting for several weeks for an oil filter to become available from Ford. The concierge has been great with keeping me in the loop, but it appears that Ford is looking for a new source of filters and there are no filters currently available. Would anyone have one sitting on the shelf by chance? The car is due for service and and I have been putting it off because I don’t have a filter.

Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Update: With in minutes of me posting this, Joe Sicoli reached out to me with a filter.
Another reason Pat Milliken is the best!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Im in the same boat. I have a local dealer and they can not purchase the filters because of not being a servicing dealer. I am changing my own oil with my Ford tech history and the closes servicing dealer is 400 miles away. I called my concierge and he transferred me to a parts concierge (Stacey). She was very helpful and gave me the servicing dealer number and the service managers number. I called the parts department and spoke with the counter person and told him I owned a 2020 GT and he said he had two in stock. I said I did not want to take there only two and purchased one. I even offered my VIN number and he said he didn't need it. When the filter came it was incorrect and when I called him he said he sent me a GT350 filter. and the GT filters were not in stock. I have been waiting three weeks and touched base with him last week and he said they are still not in stock. I'm trying to get the break in out out of it and I wont be driving the car hard until it is changed. Hard to believe the trouble just to get an oil change performed. Love my car!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Hmmm wonder when the supply will come back. I dont have any on the "shelf"...

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Hmmm wonder when the supply will come back. I dont have any on the "shelf"...
As of Friday from my concierge:

I have been advised Ford is working on getting this item in stock asap. Ford had to change the supplier and this takes time for tooling and then Ford inspection of the part. I will continue to follow up on the part and provide you with the status. Next follow up is scheduled for 2/16.

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Parts supplies seem difficult for these cars. I waited ages for a windshield and even a simple thing like a reversing light took over two weeks to arrive. Is this a consequence of Ford sub-contracting the vehicle to Multimatic?

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
If anyone needs an oil filter for there NFGT we have a few extra in stock.....just call the dealership and ask for parts then ask for Steve Sewell.....we only have a few in stock so please if you have been waiting and are in need of one give us a call we will try to help out as much as we can.

Joe

Last edited:

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
If anyone needs an oil filter for there NFGT we have a few extra in stock.....just call the dealership and ask for parts then ask for Steve Sewell.....we only have a few in stock so please if you have been waiting and are in need of one give us a call we will try to help out as much as we can.

Joe

Joe, Thank you for the offer. I involved the Parts Concierge Heather and she was able the get me one thru the dealer that was holding me up. Seems the service manager had his own stash and not parts department. He sent me one yesterday. Thanks again.

David

Reactions: italianjoe

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I was able to purchase from my Ford dealer I bought car through - they had them in stock

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Oil filters scarce now. Wonder what parts availability will be like for the rest of the car in a few years???
I owned a Z8. BMW promised part availability for 50 yrs. few years back availability of the unique rear lights which are neon became an issue with the supplier, they found another company to make them. I realize they made more Z8s , but worried about the NFGT. Also will MM be available for help on difficult repairs once warranties expired!

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Oil filters scarce now. Wonder what parts availability will be like for the rest of the car in a few years???
I owned a Z8. BMW promised part availability for 50 yrs. few years back availability of the unique rear lights which are neon became an issue with the supplier, they found another company to make them. I realize they made more Z8s , but worried about the NFGT. Also will MM be available for help on difficult repairs once warranties expired!

Hello Gene,

The shortage in oil filters was due to ford changing its supplier. It looks like filters are getting out there at the moment, covid-19 caused a lot of places to shut down or go out of business so there will be a time of adjustment to be able to supply production and service. As for the other parts on the Ford GT Ford has a warehouse right down the street from us and they are stocking it with all kinds of Ford GT parts......but with covid-19 shutting down production at some factories Stock maybe running low at the moment but will be stocking parts back up again once all suppliers factories are up and running at 100%.

Joe

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks Joe, it appears you and the dealership you are with will be the “go to” place for all our GT needs!!