Oil Drain Plug gaskets part number??

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
(Reposted this in the "Oil Change" FAQ thread in the hopes of getting a quick answer)

Happy New Year, and long time, no hear, my GT brethren.

I attempted to change my oil this morning to start off the year. Everything going fine up until I pulled the drain plugs in the reservoir and the pan. The gaskets were absolutely shredded. Noticed some oil drops on the pan and on the underside of the belly pan. Have to assume the oil seeped through these sad gaskets. Can see in the second pic, there appears to be a rubber O-ring that sits directly against the drain bolt (which are in good condition) and a separate rubber gasket (which is the part that was shredded on all three). Had some rubber gaskets lying around that I attempted to use as a substitute but they're too big (third pic). It being New Year's Day, I just loosely replaced the plugs after draining the oil and obviously had to stop at this point with the car stranded on the lift. Anyone have a part number for the gasket that I'm praying the local dealer's parts counter has or can get quickly?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you try a hardware store like Ace that has O-rings and gaskets in the trays??? O-Rings are standard sizes.

Reactions: nautoncall

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Did you try a hardware store like Ace that has O-rings and gaskets in the trays??? O-Rings are standard sizes.
I didn't try anything yet. Nothing is open today. But I'd rather just get the part from a Ford parts counter and know it fits rather than fumbling through a tray of 1000 O-rings and gaskets that may or may not fit.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Why not just go with Kendalls drain system? He gives you everything you need. No guessing and makes it much easier.

Reactions: bonehead

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Why not just go with Kendalls drain system? He gives you everything you need. No guessing and makes it much easier.
The Fumoto valves? Have to find the link. Does the kit come for replacements for all 3 plugs?

EDIT: found it. https://www.cooltechllc.com/ford-gt...6-ford-gt-oil-drain-care-convenience-kit.html

Still uses conventional plugs for the 2 in the pan. Still have to supply the O-ring and gasket for these....which is the predicament I'm in now

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't know but I guess you just order 3 of them Kendall is in the process of moving into a new home, but I am sure he should have it on his website for Cooltec

HOOKED ON GT

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2006
Orlando & Australia
IMG_1337.jpeg
Get hold of Kendal and get the Fumoto valve.

Would've been nice if Ford had built an access panel in this location

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
View attachment 67353
Get hold of Kendal and get the Fumoto valve.

Would've been nice if Ford had built an access panel in this location
My car is on a lift at a friend’s house. I don’t want to take up space in his garage if I can get the gaskets first. Can always do the valve at the next change.

Has anyone else had these gaskets disintegrate like this? Are these meant to be changed at every interval? Multiple oil threads across the forum and not one person has mentioned the possibility of needing to have spare gaskets handy. Or does my terrible DIY luck strike again?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
The gasket should work a few times

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Don't stress!
Just take the time to do it the right way.
You know what I mean.
Best,
Mark

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
FYI suitable replacement is NAPA 704-1982. Thanks @The Grey Ghost

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
You can by Ford plug and gasket, no guessing on o-ring.

Part Number:
YS4Z-6730-AA

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
You can by Ford plug and gasket, no guessing on o-ring.

Part Number:
YS4Z-6730-AA
Yes available but cheapest I found online was around $9 per gasket + shipping. None of the local dealers have them and one wanted $18/gasket!!!
The NAPA part works and was $7 for three of them

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Yes available but cheapest I found online was around $9 per gasket + shipping. None of the local dealers have them and one wanted $18/gasket!!!
The NAPA part works and was $7 for three of them
That is good to know. I will add it to my parts list.

Reactions: bonehead