Off topic topics???

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Have noticed that most of off topic topics revolve around guns (Chrome Desert Eagle .44. Ruger P90 .45, and a Walther PPKs with laser grips for the wife) and politics (Personally just want the economy and the dollar to rise to their former glory).

Does anyone throw out a sports or movie topic occasionally? Big movie guy (decent summer slate so far) and moderately follow all sports (Hockey foremost, the rest about equal). Curious to see what motivates my fellow GT owners besides their impeccable taste in automobiles! :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Main interest: GRANDAUGHTER!!! :party

...and then there's the mundane stuff like:

- classic muscle cars ('62 409 4-spd cars...usually the 2dr post and Sport Coupe variety
- '59-'60 348 4-spd cars (Impalas mostly)
- pretty much all types of hot rods, street machines, & customs.
- Harleys - both stock & choppers (and SOME rice burners...'darn few)
- hand guns (sorry, Bony! There's that subject again!:lol).
- 'Vegas entertainment/restaurants, etc.
- some interest in diamond jewelry ('like to create a piece or two now & then when the mood strikes)
- some interest in certain high end watches
- 'enjoy frequent trips to ARIDzona.
- Also like Drag racing, some NASCAR racing (can't HACK the short track stuff), Formula one, Indy - ah, nuts! ANY kinda car racin'!
- "Loooosely" follow pro baseball & football.
- Movies? Not so much.
- Wifey is tryin' to start me off in the "cruise" world this Sept. ('Lookin' fwd to THAT like an absessed tooth...:bored) (Don't tell her I said that by the way...:willy)

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Have noticed that most of off topic topics revolve around guns (Chrome Desert Eagle .44. Ruger P90 .45, and a Walther PPKs with laser grips for the wife) and politics (Personally just want the economy and the dollar to rise to their former glory).

Does anyone throw out a sports or movie topic occasionally? Big movie guy (decent summer slate so far) and moderately follow all sports (Hockey foremost, the rest about equal). Curious to see what motivates my fellow GT owners besides their impeccable taste in automobiles! :cheers

Yeah, consider this section like a bar where you're kicking back a few beers with your buddies. If something runs across your mind... drop it on the table see what happens. I have learned many interesting things in my life by that type of talk....

seems the topics of the day now are guns, politics, women, cars, an occasional dog .... and them d@mn snakes in my back yard.... next week who knows what it could be?

If you want to chat to someone off - off - off topic ... send a pm. That way your posts won't get edited .....

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have Piston season tickets, actively root against the Lions :)lol), don't watch hockey, but was happy for the city of Detroit to get some good news. I'm a big fight fan, so I go to at least a few big time Boxing matches a year. Went to Pacquiao/Marquez fight and lost a couple thousand bucks because one shady judge scored the final round for Pacquaio even though everybody and their brother scored it the other way.

I saw Indiana Jones, which I thought wasn't very good. It looked like it was filmed using pastel diffusers and the plot/dialog were "George Lucas-ed", which is to say made convoluted and wooden. I saw Iron Man before that, which was pretty entertaining. I used to be bigger into the movies before it turned exclusively into the teenage riot house around here. Can't make it through a movie without teenage girls blabbing on their cell phones or me jumping into the seat next to some bonehead playing his PSP. :thumbsdow :lol On demand, a Pioneer Elite, and a set of B&Ws. Works for me.

I also like long walks on the beach and fireside cha....wait, wrong website.

:biggrin

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I also like long walks on the beach and fireside cha....wait, wrong website.

:biggrin

So your that guy on eHarmony that all the women are raving about! Mr. Sensitive Guy!!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Dave, you picked up Blu-ray yet or you waiting? I figured since your the king of all that is electronic I thought I would ask.

On the movie front ... totally agree with Indy flick, hav not seen Ironman but have been burning up my copies of Snatch, Fightclub and seasons 1-2 of B.G. (ok I'm also a sci-fi geek ... shoot me) :bored

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
-Formula 1
-F1, Car Show, IRL, & Concours Travel
-World Cup Soccer / Euro Cup 2008
-Amateur Racing
-Gourmet Grilling & Cooking
-Gourmet cocktail mixing: Margaritas, Mojitos, Caipirinha etc
-Vintage Automatic Chornographs
-Vintage Mercedes
-Dating younger women
-Car books
-Formula 1 pit banners/flags

Movies:

-Lately got into 'Caper/Heist' movies...

-Bank Job is good, Flawless ok, Get Smart?
-Vintage ones: Italian Job, The Jackal, Grand Slam, Hot Rock , etc

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I'm 52 just FYI. Beautiful cars, beautiful women, money, great sex, great food, comedy. Not necessarily in that order. Since my younger days great food has worked it's way up the list lol.

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
F1

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DBK, do you fit the image of a metrosexual? Is that what they call it?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Well, the range of topics is definitely wide and deep. :wink

Couple quick hits:

Have two PS3's and the Blu ray quality is very good, however I don't like paying extra for the discs/am not going to replace my enormous DVD collection. If I really like a movie I will spring for the blu ray though.

Fight Club is definitely a top five movie for me. If I am having a bad day I pop that in and all is well. You can pick up something new the first 20 times you watch it there is so much content. "We have just lost cabin pressure" :lol

The Wire is my complete addiction show and I mourn its passing. Most underated and best series I have ever seen (multiple times). If you haven't seen it do yourself a favor, rent season one and give it a go. So detailed and well thought out. You see something you thought was irrelevant from season two and it shows up in season 4. How some of the crap seasons of Sopranos won Emmy's year in year out and the Wire never won is beyond me.

Still mourning the Penguins loss to the Wings (former Pittsburgher) but I am glad it gave Detroit a lift. :thumbsup

Not much on dating younger women.....does marrying them count? :biggrin

Other than that just enjoying my life day by day.....oh and the new GT hasn't hurt my mood either. :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Fight club, huh? Want to help me beat up Stormdrain when he doesn't cough up the bottle holders? He's not very big, just wirey. I hate to hire thugs.