Off to the Farm!!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Well it's time for me to head back to MN. I'll be out of touch until the 15th.. I wish everyone a HAPPY 4th. of July!

Please go easy on Chip while I'm out! :thumbsup

Time to drive my really fast Ford! :banana
DSCN0615.jpg

PA190037.jpg

PA190035.jpg

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
IS THAT A JUBALEE FORD TRACTOR.....OTHER THEN THE GT , MODEL A AND SOPHIA LOREN.......I LOVE THAT TRACTOR!!! MORE PICS...53 OR 54? GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Happy 4th 2U2, '18!

Hope the SNOW'S all gone by the time you get to th' farm! :rofl

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Hope the SNOW'S all gone by the time you get to th' farm! :rofl

Somehow, I think it's probably gone. :frown

IS THAT A JUBALEE FORD TRACTOR. GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup

Sorry Joey, it's a '51 8N. Got a lot of use out of her last year hauling logs out of the woods for burning. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Rick, probably time for a diet, too.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

With friends like us, who needs enemies? :rofl

I was going to ask about putting Slicks on your tractor or sticking with OEM, but I could not stop laughing at Franks statement.

At least the frame on the Tractor is Red.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.

With friends like us, who needs enemies? :rofl

At least the frame on the Tractor is Red.

Franks just looking out for me. It's more important that the frame be strong to carry all of that load. Right Frank. :wink

H

HHGT

Enjoy your time off Rick. I am especially fond of the CO3, CO2 & CO emissions picture. Can I have an autographed one please.

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Rick,

I'll be seeing you when you get back. We'll go have some GT fun.

Richard Hille

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Have a wonderful 4th and some great family time :cheers

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Hey Rick how about some lemans stripes and GT350 on the side of that magnificent beast. While you are at it this month's Hot Rod shows the source of all new parts for an all new 427 cammer for that ride. If you prefer Jon Kasse can fix you up with a new boss 9 if you prefer to go that way.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Back from the farm! I would lie if I told you I missed the internet. Had a great time with family, and friends. Got a lot of maintenance work done, and should be making a neighbor happy with some hay.

Experiences.... well we were firing a potato cannon of the fourth, gave rides to people with the old Ford 8N, went to a great dirt track race in Alexandria, rowed to South Dakota with my 1945 Old Town canoe, had a steak pitchfork fry, a fish fry, tried to keep up with some of the farmers drinking beer at the local bar, and to finish things off had two days at the county fair to watch the demolition derby's including one of which was with Combines.

And Frank, I came back and weighed myself thinking I had lost some weight because my pants are now loose. But I still weigh the same. Damn.....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Shelby, you need to do this kind of stuff where it's really hot and you sweat it off, not in cool MN. Please come to my house in St. Louis, I have plenty for you to do and lose weight.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Frank, if I had the time I would. I'm back in L.A. and it's plenty hot here. I was sweatin' pretty good in MN. working on the farm. It may be cooler, but the humidity is what gets you.

All the best....
Rick

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... weighed myself thinking I had lost some weight because my pants are now loose. But I still weigh the same. Damn.....

That's because you lost some body fat and gained a bit of muscle mass in the process. Since muscle weighs more than fat, you lost inches but not weight.

Weightmaster Pockets

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Thanks mighty Weightmaster, I was hoping to do both. :thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
That's because you lost some body fat and gained a bit of muscle mass in the process. Since muscle weighs more than fat, you lost inches but not weight.

Weightmaster Pockets

Somebody give me a drug that does both please..... :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Somebody give me a drug that does both please..... :cheers

'Twould be easier if you'd simply realize/declare you're just too short for your weight.

May I recommend elevator shoes? 'Quick...'easy...'painless...and shamelessly effective...

No need to thank me.
I'm here all day.
Try the liver.
Kindly tip your server...
(With apologies to Neil! :lol)

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Welcome back, Rick. :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Welcome back.

I came back and weighed myself thinking I had lost some weight because my pants are now loose. But I still weigh the same. Damn.....

Welcome back Rick. I've been walking/running 5 days a week for the last month trying to lose weight. I got on the scale today and I haven't lost a single pound BUT......I have become a slightly faster fat guy.

Chip