NY Auto Show

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I'll be in NYC this week and thought I'd go see the show. Is it any good? The one I normally hit is Chicago.

Anyone else in town that want to go on Thursday?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
NY is a good auto show. Lots of intros there this year. Silver GT is there. Should be worth hitting for sure.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I was there on Thursday (press day), I go each year before the "crowds". It was a good show, definitely worth seeing, if you're going to be in NYC.
I was there with a good friend that has a fantastic "collection" of cars, and he and I both agreed, the GT was the star of the show!!!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'll be there on Tuesday

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
NY is a good auto show. Lots of intros there this year. Silver GT is there. Should be worth hitting for sure.

It's been a few years but do you know if they still let people with press passes sit in the vehicles any more?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The show was great. The Ford stuff of course was fascinating. However, biggest crowds/ lines when I was there was for the new McLaren 570s. As a Mac owner we were supposed to get the VIP treatment, but they were a bunch of A-holes, constantly telling me not to touch, and completely in the dark about the vehicles. For example, the new 675LT is to be limited to 500units and will cost high $300s but the moron I talked with insisted that it was $285K and freely available. Got a great reception on the RangeRover stand tho' where they really did treat us like VIPs as soon as we told them we have an HSE.
Lots of the new cars left me cold, such as NSX and R8, but that funky Aston Racer was pretty bad-ass

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Agreed that the McLaren "show" was a disaster. A shame, really.