NuZiva is home!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
After what seems like an eternaty of penance since my brain fart on Jan 18th.....

Our new GT is home. Thanks to Shelby for all the support, straight talk and guidance along the way.

Please meet Ziva as delivered with great care last night despite the pouring rain:

(Please ignore the old fart standing next to the car trying to look younger next to his new girlfriend...)

6964977143_c94288be13_b.jpg

6818859556_8bc82119d5_b.jpg

6964980079_3ea472866a_b.jpg

Before anyone asks, yes, those are satin silver stripes on the Midnight Blue car. The car is a stripe delete to which Shelby had satin silver vinyl stipes applied by an artisan. Very nicely done and in some ways better than the paint stripes on my previous car.

Hopefully the weather will clear and I can get some better shots soon. The car is amazing. Thanks again Shelby!

H

HHGT

Congrats and welcome. Some higher resolution pictures would be awesome.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Good to see it made it to you. Enjoy this one a little longer :)
Yes, the stripes turned out nicely and I doubt most anyone will ever notice that they are not paint. With all the curves and sharp angles that had to be made to put the stripes on, especially on the front bonnett, I think they turned out great.

By the way, looks like you got all the right tools and such in your garage to keep your GT in tip top shape. By the looks of those tool boxes, you like to do alot of your own wrenching.....

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
It looks beautiful, I hope that you enjoy this one for a long time to come!!! BTW, the ramps on the trailer look very narrow!!!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Great pictures there jc!
Congratulations.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
By the way, looks like you got all the right tools and such in your garage to keep your GT in tip top shape. By the looks of those tool boxes, you like to do alot of your own wrenching.....

And lots of things to fall over and ding his beautiful car again. Looks like it's time for a garage cleaning or reorganization.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Thats Awesome man. The Blue ones are really really nice!!

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Congrats, enjoy the beast.... will be getting mine Sunday... and weather looks good for a short drive...

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Looks good. I really like the stripes.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Good to see it made it to you. Enjoy this one a little longer :)
Yes, the stripes turned out nicely and I doubt most anyone will ever notice that they are not paint. With all the curves and sharp angles that had to be made to put the stripes on, especially on the front bonnett, I think they turned out great.

Thanks. Yes, been wrenching my own cars for many years. As I get older the know-how usually outstrips the desire to do the work. In college it was a necessity which grew into a life long hobby. This GT will be pampered for many years I hope.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Great looking car and very interested in seeing better pics of your stripes.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
JCThorne,
You will need to get with David here in Houston and his blue one. That is if we can get him out of the McClaren. We are going to a track day March 22nd at MSR Houston which is called Red Meat and Race Fuel. Get three sessions on the track and they feed you a hamburger afterwards. Several of us are trying to make it for one of the first days of the spring. You do not have to race but you can come watch and see us get crazy. Dave did say he is racing the MP-4.
Maybe you should have named the car Phoenix, after all it did sort of rise from the ashes. Haha BTW- I have a very very similar experience going backwards in my GT down 1960 and ending up in a ditch. Cold Goodyears, got to HATE them.

Larry Boatner
Humble, TX.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Finally got some outdoor shots of the new arrival this weekend. Was out at Tx2k12 for its first show under my care. All the down time due to weather let me get a few updates done. Relocated the sub behind the passenger seat, installed a one side access engine clamshell release lever, hot buttons and seat harness inserts, a short throw shifter and brought out the AUX connectors for the Mac stereo from the rear. Changed a bunch of fluids and steam cleaned the engine bay...getting to know her.

6850668368_0918a1670b_b.jpg

6850671550_3c33fccbdb_b.jpg

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Beautiful car, enjoy her.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Looking good. I talked to a couple people that said they saw you and your car at the TX2K12. They commented on your Silver stripes that they liked them. Glad you are enjoying the car. Looking good!

H

HHGT

Love the car and the checkered bandana on the pooch.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thanks. Yes, been wrenching my own cars for many years. As I get older the know-how usually outstrips the desire to do the work. In college it was a necessity which grew into a life long hobby. This GT will be pampered for many years I hope.

I couldn't have said it any better. It's always a mental tussel for me trying to decide whether to trust a mechanic with my car or to do the work myself. As the years go by, I also seem to be more accepting of letting someone else do the wrenching. I love my Tungsten/Silver, but also like your blue with silver stripes a lot. I think it is a great color combination that should have been offered on the originals instead of blue with white stripes which is also pretty. Blue/Silver has always been a great looking color combination IMHO on the AC Cobras also.