Numerically Indexed Speed Hut Voltage Gauge

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
The complete set of Speed Hut gauges I ordered arrived yesterday and they look spectacular. Given three failed OEM gauges, I am anxious to complete the installation. The folks at Speed Hut were great to work with and so very accomodating. As some of you may recall, I refrained from ordering new gauges pending availability of a numerically indexed voltage gauge. As you can see in the photos, t new voltage gauge design looks spectacular and I am 100% pleased. I expect to install the gauges within the next week and will confirm the accuracy of the voltage gauge at that time. I might suggest that those of you wanting to order this new style voltage gauge refrain from doing so until such confirmation work has been completed.

Original Speed Hut design
Original Speed Hut Voltage Gauge.jpg

New Speed Hut design
DSC03857.JPG

Complete gauge set
DSC03855.JPG

Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
They look great. Your choices are near identicle to what I would choose. I have not yet had a gauge failure but plan to go this route when I do. I know its when, not if. Please let us know about the volt readings.

Question, does speed hut let you choose the red zone ranges for the gauges?

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Question, does speed hut let you choose the red zone ranges for the gauges?
They would probably accomodate such special request. I went with the style that represented the best overall match to the OEM apperance.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hello ViperJoe, Did you confirm the graduation marks of the voltage gauge ?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
We need a thread like the tire thread that compiles all the cool upgrades people have worked out with speed hut. It is getting hard to keep track of them all.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
We need a thread like the tire thread that compiles all the cool upgrades people have worked out with speed hut. It is getting hard to keep track of them all.

Good idea.. I have a local GT owner friend who just did a set of white gauges. I hope to see them in the next few days. It sounds like speed hut prewired the light circut so we don't need to mess with that. I agree with various GT owners making changes the gauges and options are evolving, It would be nice to see them all in one place. Dave or Chip can you help ?? : )

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Hello ViperJoe, Did you confirm the graduation marks of the voltage gauge ?
Sorry Stormcat I did not get around to installing the new gauges yet,, although your gentle nudge motivates me to advance the installation. I'll follow up again soon. So many projects, so little time!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sorry Stormcat I did not get around to installing the new gauges yet,, although your gentle nudge motivates me to advance the installation. I'll follow up again soon. So many projects, so little time!

No problem. I plan to order some gauges in the near future. I would like to have the latest evolution. Thanks for your efforts !

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
No problem. I plan to order some gauges in the near future. I would like to have the latest evolution. Thanks for your efforts !
Try to hold off until I report back. The redesigned voltage gauge looks far better than the previous design. I called Aaron at Speedhut just to stay on his radar screen.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That looks nice! I would gladly sacrifice the boost gauge for oil temp and transaxle temp. Oh wait! That's 2 for 1. Does anybody make the oil temp gauges? I don't know what value the vacuum/boost gauge is besides looking cool...and I'm not looking when I'm on full boost.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Try to hold off until I report back. The redesigned voltage gauge looks far better than the previous design. I called Aaron at Speedhut just to stay on his radar screen.
I meant to say "I'll call" Aaron which I did. It appears that another voltage gauge was shipped with initial results showing a high reading (~15.5 volts at idle). In light of what we are attempting to accomplish, this is progress and I appreciate Speed Hut's willingness to stay the course and perform some fine tuning. I promised that I would complete the installation within the next week or two and provide validation data. It's possible, perhaps likely, that the initial voltage gauge program will need to be tweaked to provide accuracy. The point was irrelevant when using a non-numerically indexed gauge.

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
I have the GT where the Speedhut numbered voltage gauge is reading around 15 3/4 volts when driving and the LED stays lit. Aaron and his techs are working on a solution.

I have white gauges with blue numbers and blue lighting, to match my white/blue GT. I'll take some pics and post over the weekend.

Craig

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I meant to say "I'll call" Aaron which I did. It appears that another voltage gauge was shipped with initial results showing a high reading (~15.5 volts at idle). In light of what we are attempting to accomplish, this is progress and I appreciate Speed Hut's willingness to stay the course and perform some fine tuning. I promised that I would complete the installation within the next week or two and provide validation data. It's possible, perhaps likely, that the initial voltage gauge program will need to be tweaked to provide accuracy. The point was irrelevant when using a non-numerically indexed gauge.

I have the GT where the Speedhut numbered voltage gauge is reading around 15 3/4 volts when driving and the LED stays lit. Aaron and his techs are working on a solution.

I have white gauges with blue numbers and blue lighting, to match my white/blue GT. I'll take some pics and post over the weekend.

Craig

:tap::tap::tap::tap::tap::tap: ... still waiting... just joking,, I always wanted to use the foot tapper guy,, patiently waiting in Florida ..:biggrin

Last edited:

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Craig - I didn't know about that the LED staying lit. I removed the OEM gauges today and encountered some difficulty with the harness,. As such, I called Aaron at Speedhut to express my reluctance at having to do the job twice knowing that the voltage gauge is inaccurate (again I did not know about the LED staying lit). Aaron stepped up and said he would send me a newly programmed gauge that should provide accurate readings. I expect to have the gauge by the middle of next week at which point I will install the complete cluster and report my findings.

Thanks ..... joe

Last edited:

FordGTOC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 9, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Any update Joe?

Craig

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
I just received the new gauge today and God willing will install it tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that the gauge provides accurate readings.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I just received the new gauge today and God willing will install it tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that the gauge provides accurate readings.

Looking forward to a good report after your install..

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Speed Hut Gauge Installation Complete

Summary:

Installation is far easier than I thought
The gauges look great and are indistinguishable from OEM (given my gauge & pointer color choice, font selection and silver bezels)
The factory dimmer switch is fully functional
The numerically indexed voltage gauge is spot on. The attached photos show the relationship between the pointer position vs. a precision voltage gauge - the agreement is simply perfect)
The voltage gauge warning light (LED) is NOT illuminated when the engine is running (this was a problem in the first design)
THE VOLTAGE GAUGE DOES FLUXUATE 0.2-0.3 VOLTS AT IDLE. SUCH FLUXUATION IS NORMAL AND REPRESENTATIVE OF ACTUAL OPERATING CONDITIONS.
The 12.88 voltage reading represents ignition on / engine off condition and a brand new, fully charged battery.

I am thrilled to have my gauges fully operational after nearly two years
The folks at Speed Hut couldn't be more helpful or accommodating.
Those of you with failed gauges that are waiting for validation, here it is. The gauge package is nothing short of spectacular.

Photo3.jpgPhoto4.jpgPhoto5.jpgPhoto6.jpgPhoto7.jpgPhoto3.jpgPhoto4.jpgPhoto5.jpgPhoto6.jpgPhoto7.jpg

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thank you for the update and validation pictures.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
You might fill us in a bit on exactly what options you chose to get that combination. It does look very close to stock. Great Job! I know its only a matter of time before I need this. Thought it was going to be this week when my fuel gauge failed to move after a fill up. Fixed itself later in the day but......