non random stalling

Tomcat

GT Owner
I cleaned mine in-situ (after removing the air box from the car). GT has not had any hiccups since cleaning air filters and MAF...but I do think it was unique cross-wind situation.
I have the CD for service (and I don't like it too much...maybe its my old PC), anyway...where did you get the analog/hard copy shop manual?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I cleaned mine in-situ (after removing the air box from the car). GT has not had any hiccups since cleaning air filters and MAF...but I do think it was unique cross-wind situation.
I have the CD for service (and I don't like it too much...maybe its my old PC), anyway...where did you get the analog/hard copy shop manual?

Would a leaf blower pointed at it work for a final proof?

Tomcat

GT Owner
Would a leaf blower pointed at it work for a final proof?
I think you would direct it 90 degrees out...I believe the venturi effect causes a suction/gap in the inflow of air, confusing the MAF/computer.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
eBay, 8 years ago. I also bought the electrical diagram manual and another manual that's about troubleshooting Ford cars and trucks.

Reactions: Tomcat