No Name Ford GT?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Was browsing e-bay and came across this Tungsten Gt with no emblems on it.It is missing all of em, the blue oval on the nose,the Ford GT on the center caps and stripes,the horn button and sills.The dealer makes no mention of it and i wonder if they even realize.Anyone know the story?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2006-FORD-GT-TUNGSTEN-AWESOME-ALL-4-OPTIONS-6-789-MI_W0QQitemZ150304353204QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150304353204&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
You have sharp eyes! We know what the deal is with the horn buttons, I would guess that the previous owner refinished the button, regarding removing the Blue Oval on the nose this requires body work, and repainting. Wonder if this car was wrecked? I would do a very careful PPI if I was interested in her.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
You have sharp eyes! We know what the deal is with the horn buttons, I would guess that the previous owner refinished the button, regarding removing the Blue Oval on the nose this requires body work, and repainting. Wonder if this car was wrecked? I would do a very careful PPI if I was interested in her.
Definetely!
The only thing that comes to mind is that it was used in some sort of advertising .Very weird.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Definetely!
The only thing that comes to mind is that it was used in some sort of advertising .Very weird.

Maybe the previous owner was hung up on the Ford Thing.. You know some people want to own the Italian stuff for the prestige

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Chinese knock-off - don't laugh its been done before.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
All that work and no HOT BUTTONS OR KEY FOB COVERS.

That is just a deal breaker for me..........:lol:lol:lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Looks like "Ford" was left on the injector covers. IMO the "clean look" does have it's appeal.
I've been removing company badging on my cars for years. My current truck had 5 different badges on the tailgate, it's gotten out of control.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
wow...you should be on CSI!

If you find out the story post it here, that's really odd especially the lack of hood emblem. Advertising car is a great guess.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
At least they left "Powered by Ford" on the engine. I half expected to see "Powered by none of your damn business" there. Removing the badge off the front had to cost $$$. Very strange......:confused

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
That car was on ebay months ago by the original owner. Why he removed all the badges I dont know, but it is a FACT that the front bumper has had paintwork as the recessed part where the ford Emblem goes is no longer there. IMHO, the removal of all the ford emblems is the very reason the car has been for sale for so long. Kind of like taking a Ferrari and removing all the prancing horses. Whats the point?
Now, as far as removing badges on truck tail gates, etc, I dont see any harm in that, but removing all the ford GT logos all the way down to the little center caps in the wheels, etc, is just over kill and devalues the car IMHO.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Have to agree with Shelby.

I wish Tom could design a replacement center cap for our horn buttons that have issues.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Maybe the previous owner was hung up on the Ford Thing.. You know some people want to own the Italian stuff for the prestige

'Seems there are a lotta people who don't realize that all the "prestige" in the world - and about $4 - will get anyone a latte at Starbucks.:biggrin

(Not to mention the fact that having all that "presige" will COST YA in the MPH, E.T., and resale departments! :lol Noooooooooo thank yew!)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
The first thing that came to my mind was that this guy was not to happy about other people knowing he was driving a ford. If this was a tricked out car with lots of other mods, then this would be appropriate , to have everything else stock and doing this,.........:thumbsdow

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Most of us are very proud of the Blue Oval and in fact install additional badges to demonstrate our pride and its American lineage. With that said, it's a very clean look, IMO.

Attachments

• Picture 111.jpg
    Picture 111.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 165

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
The first thing that came to my mind was that this guy was not to happy about other people knowing he was driving a ford. If this was a tricked out car with lots of other mods, then this would be appropriate , to have everything else stock and doing this,.........:thumbsdow

If thats the case this guy cares waaayyy too much about image which is just lame...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
'Seems there are a lotta people who don't realize that all the "prestige" in the world - and about $4 - will get anyone a latte at Starbucks.:biggrin

(Not to mention the fact that having all that "presige" will COST YA in the MPH, E.T., and resale departments! :lol Noooooooooo thank yew!)

I'm with you ... but this guy was Probably at a fancy cocktail party trying to pick up some chicks when he offered them a ride in his Ford GT.. After asking one girl to go for a ride she replied " Oh you have a Mustang how cute.. My friend Armondo just offered me a ride in his Lambo.. maybe when I return when can check out your mom's car " :biggrin After the party the Ford GT owner was feeling the lack of the Italian Mojo and decided to go into the closet... :rofl

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm with you ... but this guy was Probably at a fancy cocktail party trying to pick up some chicks when he offered them a ride in his Ford GT.. After asking one girl to go for a ride she replied " Oh you have a Mustang how cute.. My friend Armondo just offered me a ride in his Lambo.. maybe when I return when can check out your mom's car " :biggrin After the party the Ford GT owner was feeling the lack of the Italian Mojo and decided to go into the closet... :rofl

Armondo...I love it! :biggrin

I've seen a few "Armondos" pimping around town in their gallardos...still lame. :bored

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
actually I like the part where you run into a girl superficial enough to make the first question "what do you drive?" My answer, "a little domestic Ford." I don't need to see the jaw drop expression when I drive off in the GT.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
actually I like the part where you run into a girl superficial enough to make the first question "what do you drive?"

That's sophisticated foreplay in my part of town.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Have to agree with Shelby.

I wish Tom could design a replacement center cap for our horn buttons that have issues.

If anyone has one from a replacement send it to me for 2 days so I can have my engineers dimention it and then we can have some fun.:thumbsup