NFGT with different power plant spotted around Dearborn

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Read on the Ford Authority that a NFGT with different powerplant has been spotted. The comment was to the effect that it sounded noticeably different from the Ecoboost. Interested to see what you folks know or have heard. Thanks, KO

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Every website with the word "Authority" in the title could seamlessly swap it with the word "Bullshit."

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
^ That is hysterical, but true.

Reactions: Special K

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Yeah I get that, sort of like honest politician. Just wondered what ya'll in the know might know.

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
Brett Foote posted: "Though Ford GT production is winding down and scheduled to end following the 2022 model year, the automaker has already extended the production of its latest road-going supercar a total of two times. Whether or not it will make it a third is currently unc"

New post on Ford Authority

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from Ford Authority.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.
Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/ford-gt-being-tested-with-mysterious-powertrain-report/

b.gif

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah I get that, sort of like honest politician. Just wondered what ya'll in the know might know.

I know what you mean. But in reality, no, there's nothing to it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Complete click bait.... and it is working.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
see:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
It gets even better ! Latest rumor from Ford authority is possibly the « Godzilla « V8! If the GT has a V6 due to size contraints how are they going to fit 7l V8! Lol

Reactions: LMF427 and Vince H

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
It gets even better ! Latest rumor from Ford authority is possibly the « Godzilla « V8! If the GT has a V6 due to size contraints how are they going to fit 7l V8! Lol

It might even cut into the storage space 🤪

Reactions: SYCO GT

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Easy, you have to flip it upside down!

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
I remember the same sort of discussion referenced in Ford vs. Ferrari in regard to the SBF replaced with the 427.
click bait or not it would be something to see. I know Henessey already declared it won’t fit. That’s one proven mans solid opinion. But, Where there’s a will there’s a way. Where there’s a team there’s more than one way. Put team Saleen back in the picture. They worked wonders the first time with the 05-06 cars. Would love to hear the V8 NFGT ripping around Sebring!

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
True or not- IF there is another round of NFGTs how in the hell do I get approved??? I have a 2005 GT and willing to send the girlfriend to selection committee for special treatment in order to secure my spot in line! But seriously I would love get on the list, whats the secret?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There is no list. Your avatar does not list you as an owner.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
My best advice at this point is that you become a pop star and acquiesce to a request for selfies with you at your personal residence.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
There is no list. Your avatar does not list you as an owner.
Sorry, I am not sure how to update that to "owner" I suppose I can send you some pictures if you like to prove that I am not some poser.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You need to have one of th!e moderators change your status after you give proof of ownership.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I got a text today from a local car guy with a link to the Ford Authority article. Ignored it. Don’t want to waste my time telling him it’s fake news. Let him dream…

Reactions: THamonGT

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just love all the experts on the Ford GT that have never owned one and just knew there would eventually be a V8 engine built in a New Ford GT! HA HA keep believing everything you read!

Reactions: Special K