NFGT Clamshell Alignment

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Anyone had issues with clamshell panel gaps or alignment? Had attempt to have clamshell adjusted to minimize discrepancy between the gap on the two sides of the clamshell, but ended up not only with no gap improvement, now with leading edge of the clamshell glass on passenger side only is protruding around 3/8 inch above the roof line!! Told by concierge that this is within tolerance!! Anyone else seen that or tolerate that??

Attachments

• GT clamshell pic 3.JPG
    GT clamshell pic 3.JPG
    719.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I don't know about the alignment but I like the way you painted the NFGT's bedroom.

Reactions: canibl and Ed Sims

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Elliot,

I follow a rule that unless there is something seriously wrong, the car never does back to the dealer for anything. When it comes to matters of aesthetics, going back to a dealer often makes a problem worse. These are hand made cars. The panel gaps are going to vary somewhat. Adjust the rear hatch to achieve the best appearance under the circumstances and call it a day.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Elliot,

I follow a rule that unless there is something seriously wrong, the car never does back to the dealer for anything. When it comes to matters of aesthetics, going back to a dealer often makes a problem worse. These are hand made cars. The panel gaps are going to vary somewhat. Adjust the rear hatch to achieve the best appearance under the circumstances and call it a day.
Yup.

Ed