GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Who made the change? How much?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
that looks like real good stuff. Looks snug... "! How much, and how to get it - ´worldwide´ :thumbsup

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
$1,495. for one $2,900 for both. (shipping not included)

Genaddi Design Group (builders of the gtx1) Mark Gerisch owner 920-242-4563 or email mark@gtx1.com

We are doing many of these, for those that like that little extra room this is a great way to go..

:cheers

~Grace

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
Pretty funny that everybody else is trying to lower the seat and my buddy wants to raise his.

Is there an easy way to raise the seat? From what I hear there is not much room for it to be raised but every little bit will help.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
They just modify your existing seat. You send in your seat, they open it up, strip out some foam, insert a bladder for height adjustment, and sew it back up again.
You are getting your old seat back, so it is not a replacement.
You are paying for labor only, but the labor looks top notch. Looks like they got rid of that ugly corner seam as well. :thumbsup
I am looking for a way to modify the rails themselves.
My biggest hold up on this is depending on UPS or FedEx to get the seat there and back in one piece.
I use them all the time, and I have some of the best packing people in the world, and they still find ways to run the packages through a time machine and age them 20 years. :wink

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
One + I do see is that the seat bolsters out more since they are digging into the seat, so you stay planted a little more.

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
We actually completely reshape the existing foam, and change some different padding in, and the leather is all new but otherwise it is a rework on the current seat. For the note on sending if you are not getting lumbar support you are also welcome to just send the seat base and not the back.. easier packaging, much lighter shipping weight.

We are working on a fully adjusting seat. Meaning, up down, forward back, firmer lessor support.. with side controls like so many other of the nicest cars have. We are working on trying to get the most cost effective and appropriate solution for that, I would say that this will be unlikely to lower the two inches but it is still a possibility that we are seeking. Until we have the prototype for that seat it is difficult to say what it will and will not have.

As always, I will endevor to keep you all posted as to what we are able to get out of the electronic seat.

thanks

gtmesa

Jul 8, 2006
mesa, az
Has anyone on the board had this done? How hard is the factory seat bottom to remove?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
sorry, i don't get it and see the major changes to justify the cost.!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
LEMANSZ said:
Its called the GT tax!! :wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
LEMANSZ said:
If you can get it done somewhere else for less, let us all know, otherwise whatever the market will bear. That is the American way!

BlackICE

MR2Race

FGT The Velvet Hammer
Apr 6, 2006
Northville Mi.
You may want to look at Sparco ?

You may want to look at Sparco performance street seats.
If you are looking for a change.

The stock GT seat is a custom made Sparco.
The first few Ford development cars actually used off the shelf Sparco units.
And they have removable lower cushions that are easy to tailor your self.

Ford actually retained the seat mounting bolt pattern from the Sparco.

The Production seat is the one to have for long trips. Trust me I have driven a GT cross country with both the aftermarket Sparco. And the stock Ford unit.

The aftermarket unit is great for the track and short trips. And is easy to shorten for the tall.

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
CarBuilderGirl said:
$1,495. for one $2,900 for both. (shipping not included)

Genaddi Design Group (builders of the gtx1) Mark Gerisch owner 920-242-4563 or email mark@gtx1.com

We are doing many of these, for those that like that little extra room this is a great way to go..

:cheers

~Grace
How much more head room does this seat get you? What is the turn around? Is this a rebuild of the existing seat or a replacement? If it is a replacement What is the processfor shipping and return? Thanks Barry Weber

Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
Jul 14, 2006
Green Bay, WI
The lowered seat is your original seat that we modify. We have you send us your original seat (only the lower section of the seat, either drivers or passenger side), we then refabricate the padding of the seat, recover it to original and send it back to you. This seat modification lowers the seat about 2 inches. For shipping details please contact Jen (Mark's personal assistant) at 920-242-9156.

Last edited: