New Owner

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Well it's official. I had sent a deposit on Saturday and was going to have it shipped from West Virginia to Chicago later this week. The owner of the dealer (an awesome guy with a great & honest staff) was harrassing me about a roadtrip so....... I hopped a redeye Tuesday night with a buddy of mine and flew into PA, got a ride into WV and by 10am on Wed I was behind the wheel of my brand new Yellow and Black GT driving back to Chicago.

At first I was intimidated (it was the first time I was ever in one) but after about an hour, I felt like I was part of the car.

It got a little hairy when a truck dropped a huge rock, I watched it in slow motion like an asteriod hit the center of the windshield between the wipers. I pulled over and was amazed that it didn't crack the windshield (minor mark though). I put on about 600 miles and didn't feel the least bit fatigued

Anyway, other than that all I can say is WOW!!! I cannot even believe Ford made this car... absolutely perfect in every way (except storage, heheh) since I memorized my Fed EX # it wont ever be an issue though. :thumbsup

All I need to do now is join this board, anyone know how I go about it officially?

Mike

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Congrats Mike! Welcome to the club! Post pics when you get a chance.:thumbsup

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Mike. It's funny that you had to go so far to get your car. I just bought a yellow with black stripes '06 from Niles Il. which I understand is a suburb of Chicago, practically in your back yard! The guys in WV had made me a decent deal on that one but Oakmill Ford was a little cheaper and had black calipers which is what I wanted.

It worked out fine since you got to break it in and have a blast at the same time. Congratulations!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Congrats on your new ride. I have had mine for about 6 months and still can't believe it is actually mine. You will love every minute of it.

It's been a while sense I joined up here but I think you just go to "The GT Registry" link at the top. Then go to the "Add Me" link. That should get you into the owners circle. There is a bit more if you want to become a paid member. (I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't pay the pittance DBK asks. The information on this site has been more than worth it.)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
(1)I watched it in slow motion like an asteriod hit the center of the windshield between the wipers. I pulled over and was amazed that it didn't crack the windshield (minor mark though).

(2)All I need to do now is join this board, anyone know how I go about it officially?

Mike:
(1)I feel your pain in the "windshield ding" department. About 63 miles "out" from the dealer on the way home from picking it up, my wife's new BMW got nailed by a rock from some jackass who just HAD to change lanes in front of me. As soon as he DID - BANG! Windshield star. 'Swell.

(2)Go to the home page ...click on "the GT registry" ... then click on "add me"... do your thing...

I forget what the "paid member sign up process" is now!!!!!! Someone else will undoubtedly clue you in - or just "PM" DBK ~~~~~~~

WELCOME ABOARD!

Larry

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Welcome Mike. It's funny that you had to go so far to get your car. I just bought a yellow with black stripes '06 from Niles Il. which I understand is a suburb of Chicago, practically in your back yard! The guys in WV had made me a decent deal on that one but Oakmill Ford was a little cheaper and had black calipers which is what I wanted.

It worked out fine since you got to break it in and have a blast at the same time. Congratulations!

Thanks Texas GT,

I started really looking for one about a week ago. When I called Niles they had just sold it (to you apparently :cheers ).

I found another 4 or 5 cars but everyone wanted 20k to 30k over sticker because most felt it was a rare low percent color combo. I felt it was worth a few bucks (for a car I'll have for a long time) to have the Yellow, but I'm not much for paying over sticker. :biggrin

Mike:
(2)Go to the home page ...click on "the GT registry" ... then click on "add me"... do your thing...

I forget what the "paid member sign up process" is now!!!!!! Someone else will undoubtedly clue you in - or just "PM" DBK ~~~~~~~

WELCOME ABOARD!

Larry

Yep just did (Funny though, I think I accidently left off the last 6 digits cause they are bigger on the msrp sheet I didn't realize they were part of the VIN :ack ).

I'll definately pay to be a member since if it weren't for you guys (and gals) I'd be buying an '08 Viper...

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Oh Sweet, thanks.

I just noticed, that it says "I'm an owner".

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... if it weren't for you guys (and gals) I'd be buying an '08 Viper...

OH! YOU OWE US ALL "BIG TIME" FOR THAT!!!!!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Congrats on your new ride. I have had mine for about 6 months and still can't believe it is actually mine. You will love every minute of it...

Thanks Fubar,

You have my favorite color combo! I couldn't do it though, another black car would drive me nuts. :wink

Still suprised I can hop in it whenever I want! :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome to the family !!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
....and a hearty welcome from the UK.

Many of us here still can't believe we own these cars - even after a year or so. I still open my garage and say 'wwwwoooooaahhh!'

Bad luck on the windscreen/shield.

AZChris

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2006
Grats!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome Mike. Enjoy the ride. :thumbsup Tell us more about your GT. All options?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello Mike,
Great way to start your ownership expirence with a 'ROADTRIP', WELCOME!:wink

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome and congratulations, Roadtrip!:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yep just did (Funny though, I think I accidently left off the last 6 digits cause they are bigger on the msrp sheet I didn't realize they were part of the VIN :ack ).

That's notta big deal. You can "edit" your screwup outta there if'n ya want.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Welcome Mike. Enjoy the ride. :thumbsup Tell us more about your GT. All options?

Thanks, Yeah it has the grey calipers though. I was originally hoping for red, but honestly it looks much nicer than I would have thought. :thumbsup

Oh Gary Almond said hi. (He was trying to arrange the transport but I called with very little notice and he was booked). Nice guy though.

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Welcome to the GT club

Mike congrads on your new car. Mine is blue but I love the yellow/black paint comb.

Good luck with it and be gentle to the Lambo and Ferrari guys you run across do not embarrass them to much :willy

Lee