New owner!!!!

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Well the dream is fulfilled and my GT will be on it's way home in a few days. I'm at that age where I see friends younger than me dying of cancer and other causes just when they should be really enjoying life. I'm not waiting.

Another GT owner I met told me about Shelby at Elite so I started researching and could only find good things said about him. It's usually easy to find bad stuff on the internet. Well not in this case. Everything I read was good! I spoke with Shelby back in November, e-mailed him as to what I was interested in, and waited, and waited, and waited. Two weeks ago I emailed again just to see if anything came up and he called right away and had the car I was looking for coming in.

I made a promise to myself that I was not going to spend this kind of money and trust anyone with a condition report- I was going to see it myself. So a buddy and I got in an airplane and flew to Jonesboro. Shelby was waiting there to pick us up. We went to his meticulous location and the car was everything he described. I'll take it!!

Everything I read and was told about Elite Motors and Shelby was right on. Let's face it, they are in business to make money, but at the same time you feel that you are getting a fair deal and a solid car.

An interesting sidenote is Shelby's dad and business partner just bought a house in my town, literally a few blocks away from me. Looks like I'll be seeing Jimmie and Shelby more than just this one time!! You never know who you are going to meet- it's a small world.

Here's the pics!

Anthony

IMG_2962_zps3898f119.jpg

IMG_2928_zps41de1947.jpg

IMG_2927_zps62c38fa6.jpg

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Welcome aboard!! The best color too, by the way!

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Congrats, enjoy the beast

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I wanted a tungsten and had to settle for a Heritage. They are so subtle and just gorgeous.

Please drive the snot out of it.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Nice job. Welcome. Drive and enjoy..

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Please drive the snot out of it."

That sentiment really separates GT owners from their super car folks! Drive it and enjoy it as it was intended to be used!

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Congrats, drive it and enjoy it

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
"Please drive the snot out of it."

That sentiment really separates GT owners from their super car folks! Drive it and enjoy it as it was intended to be used!

I dunno. Thinking the 458 is within reach, but I'd drive the snot out of it too. I don't buy cars to sit in the garage. As is stated here:

"Building a race car is an art form like no other. It has a clearly defined purpose - to win. The skills, passion and artistry of many craftsmen are combined to create an object of great beauty. But if it doesn't win you may as well hang it in an art gallery. Many have tried to master this elusive art. Few have succeeded. Because winning takes something more. That something was personal."

-- The Snake and The Stallion (A Spirit Level Film and a must have).

For me it started with my Cobra. I couldn't park it. Now the GT. Every morning I walk by it in the garage under her bathrobe (car cover) and she asks when we're going for a ride. The snow has to melt little girl :)

I've gotten some great photos of my Cobra, Shelby Mustang, and the GT (it's in the calendar) but nothing makes me happier than sitting behind the wheel with my foot on the pedals !!!!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Congratulations from one new owner to another!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations, and welcome aboard! :thumbsup

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Congratulations! You new car looks terrific. Shelby put me in my GT also. Good guy. Looks like another notch in his long "satisfied customer" belt...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Awesome & Welcome! :thumbsup

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Congrats! Enjoy!

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Your photo says it all.

It was a very very good day in Arkansas.

Welcome and enjoy!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Congratulations! Great choice of car and a perfect purchase! Enjoy!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Congratulations on the new car! Enjoy it.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
beautiful. congratulations

rf18412

GT Owner
Feb 28, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
New FGT owner tip:

I find it easier to sleep in when you move the seat fully forward and reline the seat.

GT1261

GT Owner
May 28, 2012
Congratulations on a fantastic car.
You will love it and feel like a rock star behind the wheel.

Cheers

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Congrats!

What kind of plane do you fly?