New Owner

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hello everyone. I’m a new FGT owner, thought I’d introduce myself and provide my initial impressions of the FGT and the forum.

I’ve spent a fair amount on the forum – and there is a ton of great information; and I really appreciate the energy. I’m on a couple of aviation forums – nowhere close to the energy as here. I really have an appreciation for the energy and content here. Looking forward to being part of this!

My FGT is a 2005 serial 1916 – Red with all 4 options. It also has the pulley upgrade (Kenne Bell), throttle body, long tube headers and the Ford racing “muffler”. For my first month – and about 1000 miles – my FGT has been substantially better than I anticipated –and my expectations were very high.

Its refreshing having a reliable performance car. I’ve always enjoyed the Ferraris – but just hoping in and going without drama is outstanding!

The sound is remarkable. At low rpms and low speeds – its quiet enough to get out of my “noise sensitive” neighborhood. But once you get on it – it sounds brilliant. I applaud Ford for creating this “racing muffler”.

Driving in stop and go “warmer” (85 degrees, ok I’m in Minnesota and its October) weather. No overheat, and the air conditioning blows cold air. Wow.

The stereo seems powerful, I turned it on once to make sure it works.

Its amazing the engine makes the power it does, seems receptive to substantial power increases. And appears bullet proof. The low end torque and immediate SC response are more satisfying than I anticipated.

Shifter is great. Second gear when cold issue is very familiar to me – and easy to work around.

Handling is very well balanced. More than enough power to get the back end out as needed. Tires (stock Goodyear) are overmatched (especially when not warmed up) in 1st, 2nd and 3rd..

I’ve always put battery tenders on my cars – really like the Cooltech solution I added.

I’m intrigued with the gauge situation. For as amazing as the FGT is, especially considering the incredible time to market, its just strange that the gauges seem so fragile. Like so many have commented, I’ve never had or heard of gauges going bad. I’m thrilled that there is the Speedhut option – most likely I’ll pull out the stock ones so I can preserve originality.

I’ve never been asked so many times “what is it?”. Answering it is a Ford GT does not seem to answer the question in many cases. Would be curious how others answer the question.

Its also remarkable about the retained value of these cars. I don’t see that changing. I can’t think of any other car that offers the combination of performance, value, looks, and fun to drive.

The doors are big.

This is so cool. I’m one happy owner (other than she has to go to bed for the winter very very soon), and glad to be here!

Bill

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome aboard! :thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Welcome, enjoy the car and the site. Be careful in the cold weather with the Goodyear hockey pucks!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Happy, Healthy...enjoy the ride.........good luck.......gtjoey1314

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I hate it when other new owners actually get to drive their cars instead of shoveling snow. But in Minnesota that won't last long. I expect the storm we have here today will get to you on Thursday. Enjoy it :)

P.S. Glad you like your car!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CONGRATS and welcome aboard, Bill!

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Welcome! Where in MN are you located? There are several owners in the Twin Cities area.

H

HHGT

Congrats and a great choice of color!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
So glad to see new faces on the forum (although looks like you have been "Hanging around" for 5 years already). Welcome!

Imatk

Jan 18, 2007
Gotta see some pics :)

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hi there. I'm in Bloomington - where are you located?

Button

Jul 11, 2009
Iowa
Hi there. I'm in Bloomington - where are you located?

I live in the Midway area of St. Paul. I'm decades away from ownership, but do my best to live vicariously through the good people on the Forum. MNJason is pretty close to you. His GT is beautiful. Hope to see you at the next Cars and Coffee (or maybe in the spring).:thumbsup

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Welcome and enjoy!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You just got the coolest car ever made .Watch Top Gear bbc sat night .Its a replay of the Ford Gt piece.check out newbies on the search mode

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Bill was kind enough to let me drive his baby around last week. VERY nice low mileage example!

Mike's GT

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2008
Toms River NJ
Good Luck, hope you have many years of fun with it.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Gotta see some pics :)

+1

and Welcome!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Welcome! Hopefully we will see you at the next GT Rally.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
enjoy this new chapter in your life. you will read and re-read it constantly.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome and Enjoy. The hook is set now. Sit back and enjoy the ride!