New owner looking for accessories

doug5m5

Feb 23, 2017
Newport Beach Ca
I have owned my 06 for about 5 months now, and love it. Now I am looking to add a Heffener X pipe, pulley and tune. I checked with my Ford dealer and he had no idea where to get the parts. I am located in Orange County Calif. Looking for new parts but will accept perfect used if I can not find.
Thanks Doug
doug5m5@gmail.com
714-496-6255

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome!! If you’re looking for any billet parts send me a PM
www.fordgtbilletparts.com

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Suggest GT GUY pulley and tune kit. Have seen a couple of these kits and believe they are an improvement over original Ford Racing kit which is not available anyway.

http://www.thegtguy.com/

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Suggest GT GUY pulley and tune kit. Have seen a couple of these kits and believe they are an improvement over original Ford Racing kit which is not available anyway.

I have the GT guy pulley/tune and have the following observations:

1. The boost gauge does not work. It's "biased" negative instead of zero.
2. The tune disables some ingredients necessary for OBDII emissions (at least CA and NV). I had to return to factory tune to get emission readiness. It is still one short (but you get one in Nevada).

Several passes with their tuner resulted in no success basically told me to go back to factory so I did (except for pulley) which meant restoring the throttle body and MAF sensor. Maybe they have a better one now.

However, it does dyno at 650RWHP! Was a lot of fun on the track at rally 9!

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

You have to call Rich directly as his site hasn't been up for quite a while.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Doug - this is Kendall from Cool Tech LLC. We're in Valencia - not that far from you. I've sent you an email with contact info. Look forward to chatting.

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
http://www.unleashedtuning.com/ford-gt-pulley-kits/

I have Torries tune and pass e test

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011

Best tune on the market IMO. My boost gauge works .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I have the GTGuys pulley which comes with a spacer to keep the stock belt length tight with the smaller pulley and Torre's tune and my boost gauge works fine. The key to your boost gauge working properly is NOT to change the throttle body and MAF sensor when you change the pulley. Torre's tune does not require a new MAF sensor nor new throttle body. Rich (GTGuys) can send you or install both their pulley and Torre's tune, one-stop shopping.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have the GTGuys pulley which comes with a spacer to keep the stock belt length tight with the smaller pulley and Torre's tune and my boost gauge works fine. The key to your boost gauge working properly is NOT to change the throttle body and MAF sensor when you change the pulley. Torre's tune does not require a new MAF sensor nor new throttle body. Rich (GTGuys) can send you or install both their pulley and Torre's tune, one-stop shopping.

I'm back to stock throttle body and MAF and the stock tune and the gauge still is offset.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm back to stock throttle body and MAF and the stock tune and the gauge still is offset.

Are you also using Torre's tune? Maybe that has some needed code in it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Are you also using Torre's tune? Maybe that has some needed code in it.

Not Torrie's tune. It came from a guy nearby the GT guys but can't remember his name now. Supposed to be the tuning guru used by Roush as I recall.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Best tune on the market IMO. My boost gauge works .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really, with 4.0 Whipple and Accufab throttle body, your boost gauge works correctly?

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Really, with 4.0 Whipple and Accufab throttle body, your boost gauge works correctly?

I have had a few tunes from two people. One being Torrie. The first time the boost gauge read 1/2 of real boost. I make 20lbs if boost and was showing 10. Now I peg the gauge and seems right on tip in. I think it has to do with the settings in the tune and nothing to do with throttle body. Most guys run a mafia extender with bigger blowers but I do not because I made my intake bigger to not max out the card.

So bottom line I am not 100% it is reading the exact boost but it looks like it should be. If I switch between tunes the gauge changes so again it is in the tune. The factory gauge I think is electric not vacuume read.

Torrie what's your take?
I have had my setup hooked up to a vacuume Gauge boast gauge to prove the amount of boost I am making . This is how I found out I was loosing boost from the stock air box only with the clamshell closed. My custom intake took care of this issue. That was a 2 week problem I had after I switched to a whipple. i checked this with a manual gauge so I know I was getting accurate info before and after. Some tunes also open up the waist gate I think if the car thinks it should be in safe mode. Again This is a Torrie question. These cars have a lot a safety boost related software protections I think the tune has to be right. Torrie?

Ps the only thing I did not confirm was that my clamshell ducts are clugged and that was why I was not getting a good airflow but it looked good and seemed like that was a long shot. I did not like the small opening in the clamshell feeding the stuck air box anyway. This is my story and I'm sticking to it. 15000 mikes on my whipple setup so what do I know .

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have the GTGuys pulley ...and Torre's tune and my boost gauge works fine. The key to your boost gauge working properly is NOT to change the throttle body and MAF sensor when you change the pulley. Torre's tune does not require a new MAF sensor nor new throttle body. Rich (GTGuys) can send you or install both their pulley and Torre's tune, one-stop shopping.
This is my set-up GTGuys hardware/Torre Tune...from the GT Guys, no issues.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
not sure who's tune Rich used on my car when he installed my whipple last year but what a major difference. not just with the bigger blower but everything. the car idles better (no more stahling when coming up to stop lights) runs far cooler because the fans come on sooner now and just sounds better. not to mention an absolute rocket! a totally different car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Call heffner, pretty sure they still have their x pipe available.

http://heffnerperformance.com/

Now I am looking to add a Heffener X pipe,