New owner... long search is over!

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX
Finally after looking for the right car and the right deal for the last 6 months, I have closed the on a completely stock 06 GT in tungsten with all 4 options. I have wanted to buy this car since it came out, owned many other things meanwhile (big mistake lol) but now it was time to pull the trigger.
Flew up to NJ to perform the PPI last Wednesday and everything checked out perfect. The car is totally unmolested, and showroom condition. Thanks for Soroush for allowing me to study your GT to be able to have some references during PPI. Also met a gentlemen while there who had the identical car with some 100k miles, he loved it, and we had a good chat looking both cars over. I believe he is on the forum sn: wgdcpa.

Look forward to enjoying this car... still debating some tasteful mods.

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Welcome you are in the right place.

Reactions: Apollo

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome to the Best Forum Ever! Hang on for your BEST Ride!

Reactions: Apollo

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Congrats! Are you another Houston owner?

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
NICE! I too was searching for 6 months plus for the "right" car!!! The problem was with me is that I was looking for the wrong car. I was telling everyone I wanted either a red or a white car, and was following many on ebay, cars, hemmings, bla bla bla....all just siting there with a huge price on them. Then a 06, 4 option, Tungsten car came up for sale and at first, I though, not another silver car! The price was reasonable, the car was in the perfect location, (near Rich Brooks), and the guy was willing to take it there for a PPI/service....When I got the car, NEVER seeing a Tungsten car before, I was absolutely blown away at the look of that car! It is beautiful! Also, no mods! Although I was being busted for all my caution on this forum....This Ford GT Forum really worked in playing a major part for me in getting my dream car!
Things I learned about this car:
3rd gear start mistake,
push the clutch in all the way to start the car,
tap the headlight, if a turn signal does not work,
heat from the engine, may warp the plastic vents, (first mod, aluminum vents),
front plate, for NY license plate, tow hook, no holes in the front that way, (second mod),
sort of hard to park in a garage, (hard to see over the front, side front fenders), I am OK with the rear view,
many, many, many thumbs up from people,
and.....loving the car more every time I drive it!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations, the great people you will meet from this group make the experience even better!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum... it was my pleasure to help you out and you know where to find me when you are ready for your tasteful mods... you know its just a matter of time :)

simon, Tiago is a fellow houstonian, we go way back

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Lets go out this weekend for a cruise to celebrate!

Reactions: soroush

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX
thanks guys, how do you post pictures in this forum?!

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX

This sounds GREAT!!!! Transport is picking up the car today... I should have it by the weekend!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Congratulations, Enjoy the ride. You've come to the right place and make sure you come to the rally's as the driving routes are to die for and will make you say this is how the car should be driven every day.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
thanks guys, how do you post pictures in this forum?!
well there is supposed to be a button on the left to attach files but somehow on this thread it is missing...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Im down need to get out and put some miles on the cars anyway

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Ill call you

Reactions: soroush

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations and excellent color choice!

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Another congrats, it also took me 6 months to find my GT.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats, Fantastic car and color. enjoy her.

Tomcat

GT Owner
You were not looking for Tungsten...I had the opposite experience. Whenever I dreamed of a GT and did a Google search (Images)...the tungsten picture always showed up as the first picture, so subliminally I was pre-dispositioned.

Reactions: FGT899

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX
Thanks guys! received the car Friday Eve, and got to get to know her a little better. Too bad it has been raining since then :rolleyes:

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Welcome to the forum Tiago