New Orleans Rally - Wife Option

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
As a long time FGT owner, I have been lucky enough to attend all six of Dave’s annual rally’s. My wife, being the good sport that she is, has willingly accompanied me to all the events. She enjoys the nice accommodations, spas, shopping in new areas, palling with other ladies at the event and dressing up for our rally dinners. Her passion however is food and cooking not necessarily hanging around a racetrack in the heat of the day to just watch. (Although I am trying to address this by encouraging her track participation.)

We both have felt there should be more extras or optional venues for the ladies attending the rally’s in case they want to do something else while their guys are off trading-paint at the track. So here is an opportunity to consider which might interest her or even you if you care to indulge.

We will be staying in one of the most food conscious areas of the country, New Orleans, home of great Cajun cooking from many nationally known chefs and restaurants. My wife has investigated the opportunity to attend a New Orleans Cooking Class on Friday morning paralleling guy time at the track. So if you get your fill of track time all day Thursday, please consider this alternative to making some different rally memories. Seating is limited to 12 attendees and my wife has talked to several rally wives who already want to participate. As with our rally’s, to get a committed head count for this option, prepayment will be necessary to reserve appropriate teaching and food resources. PM me for signup details.

COOKING SCHOOL DETAILS -

Cost - $150.00 (course, taxes and gratuity)
Time and Date – Friday October 12th, 10:30 am start time.
Transportation – Approx 10 min from the Hotel, cab ride about $5 each person. Concierge can arrange groups.
Course – True Creole Cooking with a Dash of Cajon. Hands –on if you want. Teaching time will be about 2.5 hours with the class prepared 4-course meal to follow. Attendees will dine with the Chef for more question/answer time (and wine). Total duration approximately 4 – 4.5 hours. Gift Box of 5-8 recipes. Beer/wine served throughout the course/meal.
Extras – Cookbooks can be purchased as well as aprons ($20).

Signup List-
IndyGT (2)
BigInch (1)
FlorIdaho Chris (1)
Xcentric (1)
THamonGT (1)
FlagstaffGT (1)
Ed Sims (1)
Steved57 (1)
Redeemed (2)
Tachy (1)
Texas Mongrel (1)
Sahlman (1)

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hmmmm, "Wife Option"?

If this is open to non-wives as well (i.e.girlfriends) :wink then please hold a slot for Crissy.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Chris, I used that term I guess figureatively.
Open to anyone....
Got you covered.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Personally, I think StormKitty should become StormChef. I'd pay to see that.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Please add one more.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My wife would love to participate as she would also like to see more offered for the lady's . Great idea, please put my wife Sue Hamon on your list. She is excited! Tomy Hamon

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks guys!
Updating the list as requests are received.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Arlette of FlagstaffGT will do it.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Indy GT - Heidi wants to do it so please add her to the list!

Thanks for arranging it,
Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You forgot to add StormChef to the list. I'll pay for him.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Does it count if I take Stormcat ?

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Stormy,
You are really held in high regard. You have guys fighting to take you to the party!

I don't care who takes Stormy, but I think both rocket and Frank will most probably be busy at the track..

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Please add Omera as she loves cooking/cooking classes etc.... Thanks for putting this together

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Stormy,
You are really held in high regard. You have guys fighting to take you to the party!

In reality they're putting up the "dough" for cooking classes to keep him off the track.

p.s. I'll ante up $$$ for this too!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Steved57, got you on the list!

Jeff, I'll collect your dough in LA IF Ron and Frank are able to pursuade Stomy to forgo track time. Somehow I don't think that will happen....

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
Sounds wonderful. I'm in for 2 slots. My wife is excited about the opportunity. We're coming down with another couple and the 2 wives will have a great time. I'll PM you about how to pay---definitely need 2 reservations for this!! Bert

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Please add my wife Valarie to the list as well Thanks.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Ok guys and girls, this rally option seems to have struck a chord with 12 people signing up. Our first time trying this alternative function.

A group larger than 12 will require breaking them into two groups which looses the closeness and friendship factor, so we will close the list with the twelve which have signed up.

Interested participants over and above this amount are welcome to post interest and if there is still a significant number, a possible parallel group MIGHT be formed. No guarantee.

But further interest will be valuable data for Dave in considering these type of alternative functions for our significant others.

Thanks very much for the response and looking forward to NOLA and meeting our new friends!
I will be PMing the 12 signups with further details.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Bill
Apologies for juing in so late (we 've been out of country for a while) but Mr and Mrs texas mongrel would be up for this, of course if the numbers work out

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
IndyGT - PM me your mailing address & I'll send you a check. Or maybe I should have Dr Frank pay you for me as he owes me at least that much in beer!

Ed