New Heritage in the Wild

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Was at local Cars & Cigars show and spotted a new Heritage in the wild. Can you spot the modification that I bet many with this car will perform. Really like the seat stitching color match to the exterior color.

Attachments

• IMG_3922.jpg
    IMG_3922.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_3923.jpg
    IMG_3923.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_3929.jpg
    IMG_3929.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_3935.jpg
    IMG_3935.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_3927.jpg
    IMG_3927.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 482

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Damn...., my knees are are getting weak looking at this!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
He sure didn’t waste any time doing it either. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Amazing. Airbag tag is still on the passenger side

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Would love to know how the pinstripe was applied. They did a great job. I think it looks amazing w or w/o.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
The black pinstripe was 1/2" wide and looked like a decal to me. Could not touch to verify out of respect for new owner. Will ask next time I see him.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
It looks fabulous. Love the added stripe. It makes a huge difference. The Carbon fiber door panel and number are stunning___. Beautiful car!

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Best looking one yet imo....nice job

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Man, at first I thought it needed a stripe but now I don't think it does. Or maybe that one is too thick? 1st world problems.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Man, at first I thought it needed a stripe but now I don't think it does. Or maybe that one is too thick? 1st world problems.

My thought is to make the stripe as big as the circle around the roundel is thick. I hope I explained it correctly. This way I’m feeling it will flow better. Plus the original stripe color isn’t black it’s a rich dark blue which will look better in my opinion. I’ve gotten many samples and were getting closer to pulling the trigger on a color and brand.

Just... STUNNING !!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I thought initially it needed the stripe but now after seeing a few of the 2019 Heritages in person I like it without the stripe. The blue is lighter than the '05-06 Heritage so looks good next to the light orange without having the black border to separate the colors. But the best part of the owner added vinyl stripe is that it is removable.

Ed

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Beautiful car. Yes the stripe should be a very dark blue and 1/2 inch in width.
Just noticed that the roundels bleed off to the right vs the original style where the roundel is completely encircled. Guess a modern take on the old look. I would love to see it completely encircled to see how it looks. Of course all a matter of personal choice. Just not sure if I like the bleed in look.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I was able to discuss the stripe addition to the new heritage with a person of great authority on the subject. The color is black not dark blue contrary to popular believe. Those is know stated the original gulf color GTs were all painted with black stripes. During design of the gulf color scheme, dark blue was discussed but black was used.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
A roll of electrical tape & there is your do-it-yourself project for the weekend!

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I was able to discuss the stripe addition to the new heritage with a person of great authority on the subject. The color is black not dark blue contrary to popular believe. Those is know stated the original gulf color GTs were all painted with black stripes. During design of the gulf color scheme, dark blue was discussed but black was used.

This is what I found:

"an original Production Car Record Sheet shows the Light Blue code to be (P030-8013) and the Marigold (P030-3393) both being British Leyland (Triumph) colours"

The gulf colors (the originals):

Berger Ref 1125 Standard Triumph Powder blue
Berger Ref 1465 Triumph Marigold

Powder blue (PPG 12163)
Topaz (orange) (PPG 60812)
Royal Blue for thin stripe between orange stripe and powder blue (PPG 13126)

Also a few paragraphs down in this link talks about the final stripe color being a dark blue. I guess maybe they didn’t know the final color was changed to black.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...ivery-car-1968-1969-lemans-winning-ford-gt40/

From the story on the link above:

Gulf had earlier acquired the Wilshire Oil Company of California, whose corporate colors were powder blue and orange and Davis wanted to use those colors. He may have been on to something. The lighter blue and that shade of orange are considered “equiluminant” colors. The human eye has a hard time perceiving the edges of objects when the objects and their background colors have similar luminance. That makes the edges seem to vibrate which give this particular color combination a lot of visual pop. The final livery actually includes a dark blue hairline border around the orange, which reduces the optical illusion and any visual discomfort while maintaining most of the visual impact.

Last edited: