New GT TT owner - Need a little help

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Hello Forum!

I picked up my new FGT TT last night and drove it from Lufkin, Texas to Dallas (about 4 hours). For all of you that know the car, it’s Berne’s old solid red twin turbo that I purchased from Andy House. I like the car, just not use to driving a twin turbo. The car does a funny thing when I am stopping for a red light or stop sign. Just as I stop, the RPM’s run up and then the oil pressure and RPM’s falls. Car stalled on me a few times and I think its driver error. I was hoping some other forum members have had similar experiences and can suggest a remedy to my driving style. Does seem to not drop if when slowing down I put the car in neutral and release the clutch.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any comments about the car? Andy, from Performance Auto, was great to work with and I feel gave me a great deal. He also installed the bumper delete, tinted the tail lights and side markers and added the matte black stripes. I odered a bunch of cool items from Andy at Exoticare and will be ordering more from other sponsoring vendors.

I do like the car and it drives very well. It looks and sounds great too. I need some practice with first gear and driving it off the line, seems the Spec clutch is either in or out.

In North Dallas if anyone is close.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Attachments

• 3 Pick up FGTTT.jpg
    3 Pick up FGTTT.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 430
  • 2 Pick up FGTTT.jpg
    2 Pick up FGTTT.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 426

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
love the look...the black stripes......looks mean!!!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I like it too. Welcome,

tell us about all your upgrades when time permits

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
In line with the above. Looks awesome. Wheels are stunning.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Your car should not have any idle issues at any time. If it does, I would contact the person that made / Installed that turbo kit and get them to help. Something is not right

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I think that with a TT, you need to change your "name" 550rwhp just doesn't sound right!!!!
BTW, car looks great!!!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
+1 guys! Sure is a nasty looking GT...bet she hauls ass as well as she looks! Couldn't tell you why it's stalling though; doesn't seem normal that you'd have to adapt your stopping style to accomodate the TT /tune.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Agree with Shelby. The car shouldn't have idling issues. Something wrong with tune or TT install. I would have thought Andy would have fixed that before selling. I would also contact Andy as well and get him to help.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
As to stalling, if you can find out who programmed the existing tune (I suppose you have a flash programmer with the tune onboard), they might look at the low end idle mixture. I had a stalling issue after a big tune and we made a few adjustments on the low end and fixed it (sort of). Just a suggestion.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and welcome !! :cheers Love the color combo,, Hope you get the tune worked out.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As Shelby stated, the car should NEVER stall. There are many places to look/inspect/test. The best recommendation is probably to take it to someone with a lot of twin-turbo experience to diagnose/fix.

Best of luck.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The car does a funny thing when I am stopping for a red light or stop sign. Just as I stop, the RPM’s run up and then the oil pressure and RPM’s falls. Car stalled on me a few times and I think its driver error.

Do you get an "error code" when any of this happens?

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
You MAY have the famous FUEL FILLER problem!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That's what I was thinking (because of the stop sign/stop light/stall business)...hence the code question.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Maybe try a new tune first from Torrie or one of the experts. If that doesn't work, would get the car to someone who knows what they are doing with TT - there are several sponsors on this forum who would fit that bill.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Hello and thanks for all the messages although some scared me. The tuner, American Racing Technology is now closed and their website taken down. They built and tuned the car. I don't have a tuner and can't check the codes. I didn't think that was normal, but the car performed fine otherwise. I like the car and it does look great.

Who is torrie? Do they live in Dallas? I know of Dallas Performance, but have never used them. Can a tuner send me a tune without being with the car or dyno?

The 550rwhp is from my other car which is now gone (supercharged FFR cobra).

Thanks forum.

Jack

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Torrie lives in FL and can tune your car remotely. He tunes a lot of the forum member's cars. Contact him and go find a dyno. If your problem is in the tune, he will fix it and will likely find you more horsepower. Forum name tmcphail. Enjoy.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
I will look him up thank you. Although, Andy was right, the car has blow my mind horsepower, don't think I want anymore.

I did see one of the forum member's tag lines that said boost is an addiction, I am good for now, this thing has 780 rwhp on pump fuel and sounds like a semi when the turbos spool. As silly as it sounds, I sat in my garage this afternoon and turned the motor on just to hear it. Sweet. I bet other forum members do the same, just will not admit it. Maybe that's my next thread; what forum members do while alone with their FGT.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can assist if needed.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Interesting point on the fuel filler port. Have the symptoms varied with a full tank of gas vs 1/2 tank?