New GT Owner! Need transport help

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
I finally bought my dream car. I found the black/silver strip Ford GT from the Laquay collection with 4k miles on it in Seattle, WA for 257k. I have a great east coast shipper Ived used for other cars, but I need recommendation for a West to East coast enclosed transport shipper. Can anyone make any suggestions?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Contact Mike Klawitter <mklawitter@reliablecarriers.com>.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Welcome to the greatest forum in the world! Congrats on your purchase.

Last edited:

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
Welcome to the greatest from in the world! Congrats on your purchase.
Thanks. I'm excited to drive it. Itll be a great summer car....and the AC actually works! Not that it gets too hot here near Buffalo...

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Reliable

doug5m5

Feb 23, 2017
Newport Beach Ca
Congrats I have the same. I have a car in MN that needs to come S. Cal if that helps for a return to West Coast.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Personally, I would call Rich Brooks in MI and have the person he uses pick it up, drop it at his place, (Rich's), do fluids, belts, recalls, and etc....and have the same shipping guy bring it to Buff! His recommendations have been top notch! I am right now in the Binghamton area and other than our roads, that car should put a smile on your face every time you fire it up!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Reliable and Mike‘s the Man!

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
Personally, I would call Rich Brooks in MI and have the person he uses pick it up, drop it at his place, (Rich's), do fluids, belts, recalls, and etc....and have the same shipping guy bring it to Buff! His recommendations have been top notch! I am right now in the Binghamton area and other than our roads, that car should put a smile on your face every time you fire it up!

Good advice but the PBI showed all belts/fluids and recalls have been taken care us. It seems to be a great little car.
Binghamton is a nice little town. Not too far away; I actually live on the PA border for tax purposes. Some friends and I are getting together to watch Ford vs Ferrari in 2 weeks in Olean, NY. I wont have my GT by then, but I'm bringing my 458 and my friend is bringing his Ford. If you're not doing anything, we'd love to have you join us.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
That sounds cool, we are going to get SNOW tomorrow, so not sure. Funny about the tax reasons, we are actually moving to Tennessee next year to retire! Looking forward to it, I am finally going to have a building for my cars on the house property! I bet your excited, as I was, I got my car at the beginning of summer, I would have liked to have driven it more, but I got other cars also...If you like attention, you will certainly get it with the Ford GT!

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
Can’t be more than a Lamborghini!
I got a black GT so it’s a *little* more subtle.
I moved from TN before coming to PA. Great state; no income tax and good tort reform. Stick with Nashville and east; Memphis is a rotten city.

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Yes, we will be in Knoxville

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Black and Silver is the fastest color :) and mine handles Michigan roads just fine.

Checking out Jasper TN Tomorrow for winter getaway.

Reliable is big and has lots of trucks and can be a bit pricey. And Rich Brooks ships so many he probably has a great recommendation. Can't go wrong either way.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Reliable and Intercity are large companies with excellent reputations that have a nationwide network. I have always budgeted about $1/mile for them and it's really close. Mike at Reliable was able to find a transport for my car from Colorado to Vegas on short notice so I rate their customer support A++. They picked up the car, we drove straight through from CO to Vegas the next day, and the car arrived the day after that - so basically 2 1/2 days. My car was on a super-secret load of what turned out to be Dodge Hellcats in mountain and desert driving tests.

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
Very cool. I just booked Reliable thanks to all the good words on this forum. You're right...$1 per mile was spot on.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Very cool. I just booked Reliable thanks to all the good words on this forum. You're right...$1 per mile was spot on.

The odd thing is that this number hasn't changed in over 10 years since I moved my Cobra the first time.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
congrats on your purchase .... so much fun.... if it has been said.... respect the car warm the tires... I did what other suggested above. picked up my car and took it straight to Rich Brooks you also will likely want to change your tires! Rich is excellent and very helpful! LIKE FAMILY!!!!

Safe Driving! hope to see you at one of our Rallys Change your status to OWNER!!! congrats!!!!

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
I have a car being transported now- $1.20/mile is closer on the quotes from intercity, Passport, Reliable