new GT Launch Demo

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
I think Ford can make this car a bit quicker if they want, more boost can come in sooner.....

[video=youtube;oMebHHh6F5E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMebHHh6F5E[/video]

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Nice, thanks for post

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Is it true they’re going to release an ECU tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Fun stuff! Was great to see you on Saturday. I came out to take some pictures and you were gone. Launch control doesn't work in wet mode or normal mode. Can't wait to run you on my Rxp-x 300...:biggrin

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Is it true they’re going to release an ECU tune?

not sure where you heard that.. They are continuing to tweek the programing in various areas . I know they are working on a new ABS algorithm for better desired track braking results .. but don't get excited about expecting a big HP gain with the 3.5. it's already in a high BHP/ Per Liter range..

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
not sure where you heard that.. They are continuing to tweek the programing in various areas . I know they are working on a new ABS algorithm for better desired track braking results .. but don't get excited about expecting a big HP gain with the 3.5. it's already in a high BHP/ Per Liter range..

Heard it in Brooks latest video.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Heard it in Brooks latest video.

As shown in his video he has a problem so he can't run the car hard / fast. That won't be fixed until the new ECU reflash . It's an update to eliminate code problems Not to make it run harder / faster than the current specs . Not more performance just run normally .. you know you can call me if you have questions grasshopper ... :biggrin

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool video!

Ed

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Great videos as always Brooks.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Early P-1s had a similar issue; on launch, torque would overpower the traction control, engine would then rev up quickly causing turbos to spool up to an overboost which then would create a CEL. Took them a couple of software tweaks to remedy.

PashaGT

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2016
Orange County
Very cool video Brooks I look forward to seeing you run the car at the track!!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Great post, loved the car show in your driveway.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
As shown in his video he has a problem so he can't run the car hard / fast. That won't be fixed until the new ECU reflash . It's an update to eliminate code problems Not to make it run harder / faster than the current specs . Not more performance just run normally .. you know you can call me if you have questions grasshopper ... :biggrin

10:15 into the video he states that he’s getting a new calibration that should drop the 0-60 from 3.1 to 2.7 or 2.8. Sounded like it came from Ford.

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
yea, I won't say were I heard it from, but it was a good source that we all would trust :) you don't necessarily need more peak power to be quicker/faster.... the launch and how the boost comes in can make a big difference. I haven't dyno'd the car yet, but given the power to weight, it should be a bit quicker, initial tests show it's about the same as my Huracan after the launch, which is ~200 pounds heavier with 45 less HP. Maybe my car isn't happy overall since it does throw a CEL if I keep on it past 120 MPH, we'll see after Ford gets my car sorted.

10:15 into the video he states that he’s getting a new calibration that should drop the 0-60 from 3.1 to 2.7 or 2.8. Sounded like it came from Ford.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
yea, I won't say were I heard it from, but it was a good source that we all would trust :) you don't necessarily need more peak power to be quicker/faster.... the launch and how the boost comes in can make a big difference. I haven't dyno'd the car yet, but given the power to weight, it should be a bit quicker, initial tests show it's about the same as my Huracan after the launch, which is ~200 pounds heavier with 45 less HP. Maybe my car isn't happy overall since it does throw a CEL if I keep on it past 120 MPH, we'll see after Ford gets my car sorted.

Great to hear Brooks. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by the time I get mine. That’s one of the benefits of being last I suppose. Lol

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Everyone I know who has driven the 720 goes batsh$t over it. In fact, I am not sure I have seen a car get the accolades that one gets. It is likely too early to say, but I'd be interested in how it compares to the NFGT

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Everyone I know who has driven the 720 goes batsh$t over it. In fact, I am not sure I have seen a car get the accolades that one gets. It is likely too early to say, but I'd be interested in how it compares to the NFGT

Faster in a straight line, but looks like an extruded turd.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Nice.. after seeing your car in Chips car the yellow and black is really growing on me..brings me back to my Iowa Hawkeye days!!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Nice pic.... after seeing your car and Chips car the yellow and black is really growing on me..brings me back to my Iowa Hawkeye days!!