New GT in Spain

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Few stops and starts, a bit of trouble restarting at one point. Can hear the V6 and TT's fairly well.

[video=youtube;VQBnu6---rY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQBnu6---rY[/video]

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Few stops and starts, a bit of trouble restarting at one point. Can hear the V6 and TT's fairly well.

Ouch!!! not the best PR I've seen. Car looks awesome though!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ouch!!! not the best PR I've seen. Car looks awesome though!

Not ideal, but expected growing pains. There's a vid out there of Camilo struggling to get one of the prototype GT's started at one of the first unveilings. Pebble Beach, maybe??

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Don't take much from that engine noise.

Show car stuff.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Sounds nice. How is he managing to blip the throttle with the DCT transmission in drive and not go bunny hopping down the road?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sounds nice. How is he managing to blip the throttle with the DCT transmission in drive and not go bunny hopping down the road?

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice that.

The magic of show cars...

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
And a LOT of trouble to get that thing into gear with its show-car pneumatic shifting. (Sounds like a Radical.)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Is the rear wing active aero? I don't see a lot of room for actuators.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, it is.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
They need to load the tune from the car running around the streets in Detroit :)

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice that.

The magic of show cars...

Meaning that the blue car isn't running a DCT, but probably is running a sequential-type racing gearbox?

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Transaxle.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
And a LOT of trouble to get that thing into gear with its show-car pneumatic shifting. (Sounds like a Radical.)

I thought someone was shingling a roof in the background.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Still a very very very sexy car!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
I thought someone was shingling a roof in the background.

LOL!!!!!

I swore I heard the same roof gun in the background as well! We ARE on the same page.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
LOL!!!!!

I swore I heard the same roof gun in the background as well! We ARE on the same page.

I heard enough of that putting myself through school working construction. If I never hear it again it'll be too soon.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Give them some slack -

Remember guys

You won't see the engine and transaxle on the blue demo car, because it would not relate to the the final parts that will come with the car. Likely it was a standard V6 with a transmission that will allow easy, slow maneuvering. It's a demo, concept car (& the 1st) - not a production vehicle.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Likely it was a standard V6

Perhaps a near stock V6 - but definitely a TT. The turbos spooling up and down is exactly what they sound like when there is NOTHING but tubing between them and the tips. Unfortunately, cats and mufflers will have to be fitted and then it is bye, bye turbo spool sound..... well, at least until we can get our hands on one!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Not ideal, but expected growing pains. There's a vid out there of Camilo struggling to get one of the prototype GT's started at one of the first unveilings. Pebble Beach, maybe??

Found it. Believe this was Pebble Beach. Can anyone confirm? Temperamental start-up of the prototype obviously didn't hurt this car:) And look at those narrow rear tires!

[video=youtube;qupgj_qy7_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qupgj_qy7_c[/video]

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Found it. Believe this was Pebble Beach. Can anyone confirm? Temperamental start-up of the prototype obviously didn't hurt this car:) And look at those narrow rear tires!

I know - they could ONLY sell 4,038 of them!