New French Owner N178

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
Former owner of a Ford GT 2006 Heritage purchased secondhand near Seattle and imported to France by me in 2010, then resold in December 2014, and several Saleen S281 and S302 Extreme, I applied for the purchase of new GT in April 2016.
In the meantime, I became owner of 2 McLaren.
But it is finally my request of December 2018 for the last 350 copies which was retained. There has been some suspense, as the expected response for the end of March 2019 has been postponed until the end of October 2019, the time to adapt to certain changes in European regulations.
I received the sacred mail last week.
I am waiting for my New GT for 2021 or 2022.
Here are the links to the videos of my application (not very pros, but we see that I drove with my GT).

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congratulations! It looks like the European logjam has been cleared. I suspect we'll see more over the next few days.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The European Ford GT Owners Club was sad to have lost an enthusiastic and quality member.

We are very happy to meet him again in a while.

Congratulations IFabian, and best regards.

Reactions: Ed Sims

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Congrats!

MSH_V8

Jun 23, 2018
France
Congrats!
Félicitations à vous. Quelle sera sa configuration ?
Si vous avez Facebook, n'hésitez pas à rejoindre notre groupe "Ford GT Passion" !

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Congrats!
Félicitations à vous. Quelle sera sa configuration ?
Si vous avez Facebook, n'hésitez pas à rejoindre notre groupe "Ford GT Passion" !

He did it, upon receipt of the "famous letter" from Ford.

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
The next step is a letter I should receive ?

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello IFabian.

Will your future Ford GT be in "Gulf" configuration, like your ex 2006 ?

Attached is a photo taken during the spectacular SPA European gathering last September, where on the 2018 car, the orange decoration is wrapped.

Best regards.

73364270_2594774267244666_4270747919583281152_o.jpeg

Reactions: GEE-TEE and Ed Sims

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congratulations!
The lesson here is don’t sell it!

Reactions: GEE-TEE

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Hi Fabian,

First congrats, I'm really happy to see these cars coming in Europe.

The next step is a letter I should receive ?

For the message, from what I've read a concierge should reach you in the following weeks. I think it's mainly to fill a form with information such as the wish for ECP or Heritage. In Europe I think there's no option for CS. But that's something I will also have to check when a concierge contact me...

Congrats again an looking forward to see your spec.

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
For the message, from what I've read a concierge should reach you in the following weeks. I think it's mainly to fill a form with information such as the wish for ECP or Heritage. In Europe I think there's no option for CS. But that's something I will also have to check when a concierge contact me...
Thank you for your answer.
I just read again the mail I received, and I confirm that a concierge will reach me in a few weeks.
Thanks to Saint Ho, I'm already in touch with Jessica, but I have to wait.
What is "ECP" and "CS" ?

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
Will your future Ford GT be in "Gulf" configuration, like your ex 2006 ?
Attached is a photo taken during the spectacular SPA European gathering last September, where on the 2018 car, the orange decoration is wrapped.
View attachment 58052
I will try to order an Heritage, if it is possible and if my finances allow me !
But no fake gulf with a wrapping for me.

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Thank you for your answer.
I just read again the mail I received, and I confirm that a concierge will reach me in a few weeks.
Thanks to Saint Ho, I'm already in touch with Jessica, but I have to wait.
What is "ECP" and "CS" ?

Good to be already in touch with someone. I'm still in the dark on my side, luckily I am patient :LOL:

ECP is Extended Color Palette which basically, as it's name suggest, allows you to have many other colors than the base ones ;)
CS is competition series.

I will try to order an Heritage, if it is possible and if my finances allow me !
But no fake gulf with a wrapping for me.

I think I saw once the heritage MSRP and it wasn't bad considering the cost of the extras on a non-heritage GT. But to be honest can't remember exactly the amount... And IMO you do right to not go with a wrapping, just make a fantastic car looks like a fake heritage...

Also we aren't sure yet if the next heritages will be in the gulf livery... Let's see

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
Thank you for your answers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congratulations iFabian!

Ed

PS For 2019 and on the CS "Competition Series" has been changed to the CE "Carbon Edition"

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Congratulations iFabian!

Ed

PS For 2019 and on the CS "Competition Series" has been changed to the CE "Carbon Edition"

You're absolutely right !
But still think they aren't delivered in the EU :cautious:

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
I will soon be able to give you the answer for EU

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Thanks, will see myself when I have my concierge.

But even if they are good looking I think I will stay with a "regular" one. Lack of some confort options might be annoying ;)

iFabian

Nov 1, 2019
Paris, France
Cup Holder !
I think I can do without.

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
yes that's for sure :ROFLMAO: As well as the Radio.
A/C delete is more annoying in summer ;)