New Ford GT Race Weight

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Howdy all. Now that the new GT has officially entered a race the weight is known. The official race weight required at the Daytona 24 was....

1240Kg = 2733.7lbs

This is without fuel and driver

The real unballasted weight is probably less since the IMSA rules can call for adding or subtracting weight (mass) for each race.

The minimum weight per the FIA rules is 1245Kg (2744.8lbs) so they are targeting the weight at the minimum.

This should give a pretty good bogey for the street car. I'd wager that it will be about 3000lbs, and probably under that.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Howdy all. Now that the new GT has officially entered a race the weight is known. The official race weight required at the Daytona 24 was....

1240Kg = 2733.7lbs

This is without fuel and driver

The real unballasted weight is probably less since the IMSA rules can call for adding or subtracting weight (mass) for each race.

The minimum weight per the FIA rules is 1245Kg (2744.8lbs) so they are targeting the weight at the minimum.

This should give a pretty good bogey for the street car. I'd wager that it will be about 3000lbs, and probably under that.

I bet it will be 2800 wet.. The race cars have full cage and alot of other things that also add weight heavier wheels and tires also and brake rotors would be heavier

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
Generally with sports racing cars, the goal is to build the car as light as possible and then ballast it up to the required weight. I'd guess the actual race car is several hundred pounds less than that, and then weight is added (usually to the floor) to bring it up to spec.