New addition

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I just sold my 5K mile 04 Corvette LeMans Commemorative Convertible. Thought I would enjoy the garage space it was hogging but before the new owner could pick the car up I bought this 66 Mustang from a long time friend. 289, automatic, air cond, power steering, Pony interior, Magnum wheels, trumpet GT exhaust, rotisserie restored in 95 ...he's owned since 1984. He says it has a factory rear trunk release on the left side by the driver's seat. ...it works...just never seen one original??
As many of you are aware, I'm not a Mustang fan. Just too freakin' many of them. I do appreciate quality and it is that.

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
very cool Nardo, and I am a mustang fan!!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
very cool Nardo, and I am a mustang fan!!

+1 on both counts

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Chris,

That is a hunny my friend.........and I love the color. I have never heard of an early mustang with a trunk release......I'll have to check it out...I am sure it is very rare. That car is pretty rare being a GT for starters....

Gino

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Thanks guys. Gino, it is not a GT, just added the trumpet exhaust in the rear valance when restored. Curious about the deck lid release though. I can try and get a pic of the release later.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Nardo - very cool Mustang. You'll get more cell phone pictures than with the Vette. Love the thin white walls. Jeff

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Very nice car, and good colors to. Yes, they had a trunk release. It was an option from Ford.