Neighborhood Trouble Maker

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
So things at my office have been a little crazy and I've been sneaking down there at night to pull the typical boss hijinks. You know, show up at unexpected times and start throwing a fit about irrelevant crap. :tap:

So this means I leave at 8pm or 9pm or 10pm and get home... later. Factor in that I don't take my GT to work during the day because I don't want any judges or lawyer to think I'm making to much money, and thereby become a target for a new government program (nudge nudge, wink wink) So for fun I take the GT sometimes because the courts are closed. I try to be as quite as possible on my return BUT the GT is just a really loud car.

So yesterday, I pull in and see my neighbor outside with his kids. I wave... and he gives me the stinkeye. The ****ing stinky :willy His kids are outside screaming in the pool until 10pm in the summer and his wife starts sweating to the oldies at 5:30am nearly everyday... I slink in 2 or 3 times after 11pm and it's all

mr-stink-eye.jpg

Okay... so now I'm interested in how far I can take it before he actually, nuts up and walks over to say something. eh, am I wrong? I don't get upset about the pool parties (drunk chicks would be better but I have irritating children too so I'm cool with that). His wife is kinda hot so its cool if she wants to run around in spandex to wake me up.

The stinkeye is uncalled for. I'm checking on my office again tonight.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You have the same neighbors I do. They hate everything I do, especially anything having to do with my engines.

Be careful. Up here they report you to the county or the sheriff. The law is usually pretty cool as long as I am not doing it at all hours, but when they reported me for cutting down a tree and re-landscaping, It cost me $15K in legal fees, engineering fees, permits, penalties and interest on the permit penalties. :bored

H

HHGT

I dont have neighbors

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I would show them the rev limiter next time, that way they know that your coming in as quit as you can all the other times:) Good thing all my neighbors are 1/4 mile away, cause this summer they are going to wonder wtf when they hear me go to work and come home at night. I live in a real rural area, its pretty fun to play on all the roads as there are not many cops anywhere where we are.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
You're just bein' too sensitive big fella. He probably was a little tired from some early evening snarlin' with his hot honey-bunny and couldn't focus yet.

....anyways, what can't be smoothed over between guys when you share a beer or two?:beer2:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I dont have neighbors

Neither do I...just people who live in close proximity.:bored:bored:bored

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
That's cause Sam scares them all away with his open carry on his property. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...but when they reported me for cutting down a tree and re-landscaping, It cost me $15K in legal fees, engineering fees, permits, penalties and interest on the permit penalties. :bored

Uuuuuuh huh. And when all was said and done, your "neighbors" had their jollies, the bureaucrats got the chance to throw their weight around - AND COLLECT SOME REVENUE, and the ONLY physical thing that actually CHANGED was $15K left YOUR pocket and took up residence in someone else's. THE LANDSCAPING - THE VERY THING THAT CREATED THE 'ISSUE' - STAYED THE SAME, right down to the missing tree...correct?

'Makes perfect sense to ME. I can't see what YOUR problem could possibly be regarding it...:bored

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I'd just keep up your current program and see what happens, sounds like you are enjoying it.

You need neighbors like mine. I live in a typical street and neighborhood, houses right next to each other and across the street.
When we had our last block party a few months back the hosting neighbor went around the backyard and said a little something about everyone.
He came to me and said "He's the one with the loud cars", referring to the FGT and my 70 BOSS 302. Everyone got a kick out of it, cool folks.
In particular, an elderly couple used to live right across the street and the wife was in her mid to late 80s. She would come across the street and chat with me when she saw me in the driveway washing or working on one of the cars. She loved them, everything about them. Great gal she was. "Bink" was her name.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Mark, thats what you get for living in such a low rent hood. :biggrin

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
M-9430-GTX right?

That happened to me once, however, the neighbor wasn't really a neighbor, this guy lived on one of the main side arteries going into my neighborhood.

So, one night, coming home late ... 2AM or so, after a spirited night of driving, I drove by his house again .... passed it, then stopped, thought to my self, what a jerk that guy was earlier, so, I put her in reverse and pointed my M-9430-GTX exhaust at his front door, put her in neutral,

shhhh, it was so quiet at that time of night, oh, and BTW, it was a really nice spring night and the weather was perfect, I am certain house windows were open,

and then I stomped on it .... scared the sh*t out of me.

I then quickly and very quietly proceeded home , another good 1/4 mile.

I hit the garage door remote and parked her in the garage and proceeded into my house where my wife was sitting, in her favorite rocker, nursing my daughter. Remember, it was a really nice spring night, we had our windows opened too.

She then said, I knew that was you, you scared the crap out of me, and she said my daughter startled/jumped in her (my wife's) lap
... from a good 1/4 mile away.

Oh my gosh, we laughed so hard. Can you imagine what that must have sounded like @ 2AM ... at a non-disclosed location close to my neighborhood.

:rofl

Last edited:

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Thats funny. hope his heart is ok.

M-9430-GTX right?

That happened to me once, however, the neighbor wasn't really a neighbor, this guy lived on one of the main side arteries going into my neighborhood.

So, one night, coming home late ... 2AM or so, after a spirited night of driving, I drove by his house again .... passed it, then stopped, thought to my self, what a jerk that guy was earlier, so, I put her in reverse and pointed my M-9430-GTX exhaust at his front door, put her in neutral,

shhhh, it was so quiet at that time of night, oh, and BTW, it was a really nice spring night and the weather was perfect, I am certain house windows were open,

and then I stomped on it .... scared the sh*t out of me.

I then quickly and very quietly proceeded home , another good 1/4 mile.

I hit the garage door remote and parked her in the garage and proceeded into my house where my wife was sitting, in her favorite rocker, nursing my daughter. Remember, it was a really nice spring night, we had our windows opened too.

She then said, I knew that was you, you scared the crap out of me, and she said my daughter startled/jumped in my wife's lap.

Oh my gosh, we laughed so hard. Can you imagine what that must have sounded like @ 2AM ... at a non-disclosed location close to my neighborhood.

:rofl

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Thats funny. hope his heart is ok.

hope his heart is ok?? you're right, he was an older guy too.

I was hoping to fix his stink eye.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It appears I'm not the only trouble maker. That's good, my dad has been convinced for years that I am the black sheep of family. I don't know how my brother dodged this title.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Uuuuuuh huh. And when all was said and done, your "neighbors" had their jollies, the bureaucrats got the chance to throw their weight around - AND COLLECT SOME REVENUE, and the ONLY physical thing that actually CHANGED was $15K left YOUR pocket and took up residence in someone else's. THE LANDSCAPING - THE VERY THING THAT CREATED THE 'ISSUE' - STAYED THE SAME, right down to the missing tree...correct?

Correct, But The the ball got started with tuning boat engines on the trailer in my driveway and built to a crescendo when a buddy came over in his Scarab with uncapped headers on 1200 inches and 1600 horsepower of boat propulsion. First the sheriff and when that failed, it was the the county for the landscaping within 200 feet of the shoreline with out a permit.

Like I alluded to, they found a way to make me miserable in exchange for the misery I provided them in 15 minute increments half a dozen times a year.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I live 1.5 miles off a main highway. My wife was in the back yard and heard me on the highway before I turned off towards our house. One of my neighbors texts me every time I pass his house...he's a real gearhead also and gives me the business. No complaints otherwise as I keep below the speed limit in the hood.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
It appears I'm not the only trouble maker. That's good, my dad has been convinced for years that I am the black sheep of family. I don't know how my brother dodged this title.

It goes back to the beginning of time, in the Bible ... Cain and Abel. :biggrin

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Like I alluded to, they found a way to make me miserable in exchange for the misery I provided them in 15 minute increments half a dozen times a year.

'Nuthur wurdz - whut yer tryin' to say is yew actually pooped in yer OWN tent! :lol

H

HHGT

Im just guessing here but how many of you trouble makers are Middle Children - Birth Order wise? I know BlackIce and myself are.

Hmmm, may be I should start a Poll on Gt owners Birth Order....

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Im just guessing here but how many of you trouble makers are Middle Children - Birth Order wise? I know BlackIce and myself are.

Hmmm, may be I should start a Poll on Gt owners Birth Order....

Oldest