Need Help

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Great weather today so took the Red GT for a spin.Redlined !st,2nd,3rd twice and saw the temp climb past 220.Stopped the car and checked and found both cooling fans and AC compressor not working.Any suggestions on what I could check for.JT

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Great weather today so took the Red GT for a spin.Redlined !st,2nd,3rd twice and saw the temp climb past 220.Stopped the car and checked and found both cooling fans and AC compressor not working.Any suggestions on what I could check for.JT

Fuse?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Fuse would be the first guess in the Smart Junction Box (SJB) under the right passenger footwell. Fuse listings and locations are in the owner's manual. Are the lights on for the AC on the center console?

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
Fuse would be the first guess in the Smart Junction Box (SJB) under the right passenger footwell. Fuse listings and locations are in the owner's manual. Are the lights on for the AC on the center console?

The lights are on.The book is fairly confusing-listing fuses for both fans in 2 different locations.Could find no referance to the AC compressor for a fuse.
Where and in what sequence do I need to check.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
If your cooling fans are not working and the car is getting to hot or overheating the
compresor will shut off. The high side presure switch will turn off the compresor. Fix the cooling fan problem first and see if the compresor comes on.

SFLGT

Dec 29, 2007
FtLauderdale,Florida
For the fans you want to check fuse 10 in the batt juntion box under the storage compartment near the battery not the box in the car. It is a 40 amp fuse.There are two other fuses in the same box,fuses 8,25,and 9. They are for the high speed circuits.I have seen a problem with the dropping resistors in the fans for the low speed, but I would check the fuses first. Always start with the basics.

Last edited:

piplani

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Switzerland
For the fans you want to check fuse 10 in the batt juntion box under the storage compartment near the battery not the box in the car. It is a 40 amp fuse.There are two other fuses in the same box,fuses 8,25,and 9. They are for the high speed circuits.I have seen a problem with the dropping resistors in the fans for the low speed, but I would check the fuses first. Always start with the basics.

Checked all the above fuses.All OK.
On a cold engine AC compressor not coming on though the central console light is on.

BlueGT

GT Owner
Oct 18, 2010
Texas
Thought I would try and revive this old thread since I'm having the same problem, but I can't get the fuses from their sockets in the SJB. Is there a trick to pulling the fuse?
Thanks,
Pat

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Not sure where, but there must be a fan relay.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Make sure it's a fuse and not a relay (fuses are flat and colored). I don't remember if there is a fuse puller in the fuse box or not. Go to any automotive parts store and buy one dirt cheap. They're usually plastic and look tweezers or forceps. Helps you get a grip on the flat colored part of the fuse to pull it straight out.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
All fuses have two small openings in the top and can (should) be checked in place. All you need in a test light or a volt-ohm meter. Both sides of the fuse should be "hot" when the circuit is on.