Need Good GT Tech in South Florida

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
I need a few things done to my car and would like to know if anyone knows of a good service tech in the Broward /Palm Beach County area , The Ford Dealer in Ft Lauderdale used to have a guy named Manny , but he is no longer in service dept . Thanks

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Can you wait? Some of us are fishing for a GT Guy visit to Florida this winter.

Howard

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
When I was looking for my GT in April I looked at one in Miami that had been repaired after a wreck. I used ANSA Motorsports in Miami to inspect it. They maintain a couple for customers who race them, and they appeared to really know FGTs. They also do a lot of Porsches, Ferraris and other exotics. I had a great experience, and recommend them.

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
Yes I would wait for one of the GT guys to come , just need fluids service and A/C is not working , leaking some fluid . Weather is nice so dont need A/C . Howard Let me know , thanks for the heads up , Jeff

PS - Does the Hubster know of anyone

Brian Bates

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2012
Pm sent. Pompano Ford has one of the best tech's in the country for these cars in my opinion.

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
Thanks Brian , just made Appt for Monday with Richey , thanks for your guidance , Jeff

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
jbmracer - I was wondering if you were happy with the service you received, and knowledge of the tech, at Pompano Ford. Thanks!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
The owner of Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise (about 40 minutes from Delray) has a red Ford GT which his mechanics have maintained for years. Many of us had the airbag recall serviced there.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
The owner of Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise (about 40 minutes from Delray) has a red Ford GT which his mechanics have maintained for years. Many of us had the airbag recall serviced there.

Thanks. We have recently purchased a place in Wellington, FL where I think I will house my GT so this is very helpful.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Plus one on Sawgrass Ford. I don't know anything about the tech at Pompano Ford. I have used Sawgrass. I saw Mark Fields car there once. I think he has number 007 or something like that..
Looked at the VIN when the car was in the service lane and I knew it had to belong to someone imprtant with that low VIN number. I asked the Service manager who's car that was.. He said " Mark Fields " with a smile

Last edited:

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Sawgrass Ford in Ft. Lauderdale is qualified to do the work on your GT. They have at least 2 qualified GT mechanics. If you know you need certain parts (belts, filters, tires) have them order them in advance as they can take time to get there.

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Thought I'd revive this thread to ask about an update on servicing my 06 FGT at Sawgrass Ford or Pompano? Are either one of these places still recommended?

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Frank Meredos at Ford Kendall takes care of a lot of Miami's GTs since 2005.
Look him up on Instagram (frankthemustangguy).

Niobond500

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2020
Thanks everyone. I ended up taking it to Brian Owens at Sawgrass and was very happy with him and the service.