NC Service

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Hi All,

New to owning a GT and I am looking to have regular maintenance done and the airbag recalls. Does anyone have any suggestions in the Raleigh, NC area? I called a local dealership about the airbag recalls, that I am reminded about almost daily by Ford, and they said they could probably have the dash out in a day... so clearly not the right place to take it since that is not necessary. I appreciate any recommendations.

Great Site!

Tomcat

GT Owner
I had Green Ford in Greensboro do mine and two others locally with no issue. MAD in NC May chime in. Welcome we need to all get together.

Reactions: Mule Air

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Hi All,

New to owning a GT and I am looking to have regular maintenance done and the airbag recalls. Does anyone have any suggestions in the Raleigh, NC area? I called a local dealership about the airbag recalls, that I am reminded about almost daily by Ford, and they said they could probably have the dash out in a day... so clearly not the right place to take it since that is not necessary. I appreciate any recommendations.

Great Site!
Replacing the passenger airbag does require removing the bottom half of the dash but R&R is less than one hour (not a day) :).

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
More than likely you spoke with a service writer and they have no clue to what it takes. You should ask if they have a GT certified technician working for them. Or ask to speak with the service manager as he should know the best person he would want touching your car that his dealership would be responsible for while there. Good luck with repairs when you find the right tech you will know it as he will have the same passion for the car as you.

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
I appreciate all of the quick responses...

My car is a driver, Blue & White with around 20K. I'll be happy to meet up whenever anyone would like. I would love to see other cars. I will consider Green Ford for sure, and I suspect that mine was serviced their previously. The big local dealer here in Raleigh originally said they don't even service the ones that the owner has... I won't say the name but it was near some roads that cross. The person on the phone said to drive it through their Quick Lane process. I politely declined. I nicely tried to distinguish between, a GT and a Mustang GT.

As far as removing the dash, I was told that Ford has a tool so they don't need to do that any longer. Again I am new to this so I appreciate the information and maybe I have misunderstood.

Thank you all for the quick feedback. I'm very happy to have achieved this goal. Have a great weekend.

Thanks.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I believe that GT service tech it green Ford's name is Brandon. Let me know if you're going to be in the area and we will meet up. I'm actually going to be in your area for an NSX meeting in about 2 weeks

Reactions: Mule Air and RPM217

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I believe that GT service tech it green Ford's name is Brandon. Let me know if you're going to be in the area and we will meet up. I'm actually going to be in your area for an NSX meeting in about 2 weeks
Love that you're still giving the NSX some love. You and Cathy had better come to NSXPO this year in VA., or Nancy will be angry at you both!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tool for the dash? Someone is pulling your leg. There are videos here that show just how easy it is. Best with two people.

NCDeac

Mar 24, 2019
North Carolina
I'm in Greensboro and shopping for my first FGT. Good to know that Green Ford has a tech. Thanks. Will let you know when I'm successful and would love to get together.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Morning Mule Air. I had CrossRoads Ford in Fuquay Varina replace my air bags under recall. When I called the "in home" number on recall they connected me to a Durham dealer which never worked on a FGT - CAUTION!!!

I use to know personally the Service Mgr. at Cross Roads in Fuquay Varina where I had mine replaced (but he is no longer there) but they will do it.

Takes an hour so I waited... suggest calling them and talk to new service manager

Cross Roads Fuquay Varina Phone is 919-335-4581

PM me your contact info and we can talk.....

Tomcat

GT Owner
I'm in Greensboro and shopping for my first FGT. Good to know that Green Ford has a tech. Thanks. Will let you know when I'm successful and would love to get together.
I'm in Madison, NC (near Va. border). I am friends with two other GT owners in the area. You are more than welcome to get acquainted with my 06 GT.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yo Tomcat. Long time... hope all is good. Looks like another FGT in Raleigh area.... finally.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Welcome to the Forum!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Yo Tomcat. Long time... hope all is good. Looks like another FGT in Raleigh area.... finally.
I'm taking a "gap year" (before Navy retirement kicks in). I should be more available but am staying quite busy. We need to all get together!!

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for all the welcomes and I appreciate the info. I'll post what I get done, where, and how it went.

Looking forward to meeting you at the next Rally.

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
BTW, TOMCAT -

A FGT and a P51 in the same photo??? Absolutely Amazing and I guess they are yours from my friends comments. I'm positive I've seen that plane fly many times. Very distinct. Thank you for that. I'd give all of my Mustangs for that one... You're the man! - (Jealous, but in a good way)

Tomcat

GT Owner
The P-51 is an associate of mine. Beautiful plane but operating costs are prohibitive to me.

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
Come on up and let's talk about what you're looking for.

Mule Air

Jan 28, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Gotcha. We'll it's still an awesome pic. Having a friend with one is better than owning anyway. Before I knew better I thought buying a plane was the expensive part. I now understand the real costs are in the annuals, fuel, and reoccurring maintenance... at least if you want something other than a 172.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Gotcha. We'll it's still an awesome pic. Having a friend with one is better than owning anyway. Before I knew better I thought buying a plane was the expensive part. I now understand the real costs are in the annuals, fuel, and reoccurring maintenance... at least if you want something other than a 172.
I am finding that offshore power boating has the identical $ issues!