My new GT is almost Base; that ain't a bad thing!

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
Welcome to the world's best forum RcmaGT! Jay Leno's NGT was basically a no option car also so you are in good company. Congratulations!

Ed

Thanks Ed,
I feel very welcome and look forward to contributing when I can.

Reactions: Ed Sims

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Variety is the spice of life! Spec your car as you wish. There are no mistakes.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No mistakes? I think Special Ed would beg to differ.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think Special Ed would beg to differ with you Dr. Frank. Haha

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm always trying to correct Dr Frank's mistakes! LOL

Ed

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
I went through orientation with my new GT (N018) on Monday. Great experience. Unfortunately it was a tease to leave the car behind for the paint to cure (too much snow in my backyard as well). Interesting to note that they now have 2 NGTs on display, both liquid blue! They have an excellent PPF guy, who also did my GT2RS. Both the Dealer Principal and my GT will go in for application after the 4 week wait for cure. Bernardo Martinez noted that my car threw a CEL while trying to engage reverse. He shut it down and restarted and reverse worked but CEL stayed on.
SO, my NGT will be picked up and sent to an authorized servicing dealer 2 hours north. Stacey (Concierge Team) as well as Bernardo have been top notch through all of this while showing urgency to get this resolved.
So that's where I'm at!
IMG_0126.jpeg
IMG_0165.jpegIMG_0134.jpeg

tabasco

Feb 4, 2022
Potomac MD
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself (Rob Brooks) as a new, soon to be, NGT owner! I'm in the Colorado Springs area so looking forward to meeting other GT owners in the state. I originally applied in 2016 and was declined. I re-applied in 2020 and received an allocation "unexpectedly". What I mean by unexpected, was a follow up email in 2021 that I sent to Ford, which was met with "complete the affidavit asap". I was shocked with joy and surprise along with the satisfaction of being selected.
I had little time to pick colors and options. I was given the option for a Studio Collection but not ECP or other limited editions. I chose to pass on the Studio Collection (not my cup of tea) and chose Liquid Blue with white stripes. Yes, Liquid Blue and I dont care if its a poser color. Again, no ECP option and I always wanted a Ford GT with some shade of blue.
Now onto build. I kept the options to a minimum. No theme, No ECP option, No CF wheels, No CF exterior trim, and Standard interior. I added white stripes, harness option, aluminum finish forged wheels, and an indoor car cover. My build came to $563k for a 2022 model. I plan to order a set of CF gloss wheels just to have on the shelf. I'll drive on the streets with my forged wheels. I received my intake screens last month which I plan to put on soon after my car arrives home.
I'm awaiting delivery that is tentatively scheduled for February 8th at Phil Long Ford, Motor City, CO.. After the offloading process and orientation, my Gt goes next door for PPF, Ceramic Coat, and slight tint.
So excited I can't explain! All I have is a rendering photo; not even build photos at this point. No vin number either (requested with no reply back). My initial communication with Ford began on Aug 12th 2021---- to present (almost 6 months). My concierge is Megan. Please chime in with any questions or suggestions as I'm a rookie on this forum.

Thanks!
Rob

I couldn’t be more jealous. Yours is the perfect FGT.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Beautiful! Congrats!!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Awesome! Congratulations! Enjoy her when snow is gone!

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself (Rob Brooks) as a new, soon to be, NGT owner! I'm in the Colorado Springs area so looking forward to meeting other GT owners in the state. I originally applied in 2016 and was declined. I re-applied in 2020 and received an allocation "unexpectedly". What I mean by unexpected, was a follow up email in 2021 that I sent to Ford, which was met with "complete the affidavit asap". I was shocked with joy and surprise along with the satisfaction of being selected.
I had little time to pick colors and options. I was given the option for a Studio Collection but not ECP or other limited editions. I chose to pass on the Studio Collection (not my cup of tea) and chose Liquid Blue with white stripes. Yes, Liquid Blue and I dont care if its a poser color. Again, no ECP option and I always wanted a Ford GT with some shade of blue.
Now onto build. I kept the options to a minimum. No theme, No ECP option, No CF wheels, No CF exterior trim, and Standard interior. I added white stripes, harness option, aluminum finish forged wheels, and an indoor car cover. My build came to $563k for a 2022 model. I plan to order a set of CF gloss wheels just to have on the shelf. I'll drive on the streets with my forged wheels. I received my intake screens last month which I plan to put on soon after my car arrives home.
I'm awaiting delivery that is tentatively scheduled for February 8th at Phil Long Ford, Motor City, CO.. After the offloading process and orientation, my Gt goes next door for PPF, Ceramic Coat, and slight tint.
So excited I can't explain! All I have is a rendering photo; not even build photos at this point. No vin number either (requested with no reply back). My initial communication with Ford began on Aug 12th 2021---- to present (almost 6 months). My concierge is Megan. Please chime in with any questions or suggestions as I'm a rookie on this forum.

Thanks!
Rob
Congrats 🎉 👏 🎉 👌🏻

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
What to
Awesome! Congratulations! Enjoy her when snow is gone!
The torture of Colorado weather in Feb/March/April !
Thank you so much for the complements. And honored to be a member of a fantastic Forum!