My new GT is almost Base; that ain't a bad thing!

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself (Rob Brooks) as a new, soon to be, NGT owner! I'm in the Colorado Springs area so looking forward to meeting other GT owners in the state. I originally applied in 2016 and was declined. I re-applied in 2020 and received an allocation "unexpectedly". What I mean by unexpected, was a follow up email in 2021 that I sent to Ford, which was met with "complete the affidavit asap". I was shocked with joy and surprise along with the satisfaction of being selected.
I had little time to pick colors and options. I was given the option for a Studio Collection but not ECP or other limited editions. I chose to pass on the Studio Collection (not my cup of tea) and chose Liquid Blue with white stripes. Yes, Liquid Blue and I dont care if its a poser color. Again, no ECP option and I always wanted a Ford GT with some shade of blue.
Now onto build. I kept the options to a minimum. No theme, No ECP option, No CF wheels, No CF exterior trim, and Standard interior. I added white stripes, harness option, aluminum finish forged wheels, and an indoor car cover. My build came to $563k for a 2022 model. I plan to order a set of CF gloss wheels just to have on the shelf. I'll drive on the streets with my forged wheels. I received my intake screens last month which I plan to put on soon after my car arrives home.
I'm awaiting delivery that is tentatively scheduled for February 8th at Phil Long Ford, Motor City, CO.. After the offloading process and orientation, my Gt goes next door for PPF, Ceramic Coat, and slight tint.
So excited I can't explain! All I have is a rendering photo; not even build photos at this point. No vin number either (requested with no reply back). My initial communication with Ford began on Aug 12th 2021---- to present (almost 6 months). My concierge is Megan. Please chime in with any questions or suggestions as I'm a rookie on this forum.

Thanks!
Rob

Attachments

• MY22 Custom Ford GT_ Brooks.jpg
    MY22 Custom Ford GT_ Brooks.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 31

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
WOW! What a 2nd post! Super excited for you! Can't wait to see pics! (y) :cool: 🍻

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Hello Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself (Rob Brooks) as a new, soon to be, NGT owner! I'm in the Colorado Springs area so looking forward to meeting other GT owners in the state. I originally applied in 2016 and was declined. I re-applied in 2020 and received an allocation "unexpectedly". What I mean by unexpected, was a follow up email in 2021 that I sent to Ford, which was met with "complete the affidavit asap". I was shocked with joy and surprise along with the satisfaction of being selected.
I had little time to pick colors and options. I was given the option for a Studio Collection but not ECP or other limited editions. I chose to pass on the Studio Collection (not my cup of tea) and chose Liquid Blue with white stripes. Yes, Liquid Blue and I dont care if its a poser color. Again, no ECP option and I always wanted a Ford GT with some shade of blue.
Now onto build. I kept the options to a minimum. No theme, No ECP option, No CF wheels, No CF exterior trim, and Standard interior. I added white stripes, harness option, aluminum finish forged wheels, and an indoor car cover. My build came to $563k for a 2022 model. I plan to order a set of CF gloss wheels just to have on the shelf. I'll drive on the streets with my forged wheels. I received my intake screens last month which I plan to put on soon after my car arrives home.
I'm awaiting delivery that is tentatively scheduled for February 8th at Phil Long Ford, Motor City, CO.. After the offloading process and orientation, my Gt goes next door for PPF, Ceramic Coat, and slight tint.
So excited I can't explain! All I have is a rendering photo; not even build photos at this point. No vin number either (requested with no reply back). My initial communication with Ford began on Aug 12th 2021---- to present (almost 6 months). My concierge is Megan. Please chime in with any questions or suggestions as I'm a rookie on this forum.

Thanks!
Rob

Congratulations! I know how excited you are, and for good reason! Did you mean to say you reapplied in 2018? I wasn't aware of any application processes other than 2016 and 2018. Awesome that your "hail Mary" email paid off! I love the spec you chose. Welcome to the Forum.

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
My apologies, you are correct. I reapplied in 2018 and things went silent. I followed up and got lucky as can be!

Reactions: DakotaGT

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
If I am not mistaken, if you order standard wheels, you cannot change to CF wheels because lugs are different, though you can go the other way ( CF to standard).

Reactions: SPI and 93extxdps

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
If I am not mistaken, if you order standard wheels, you cannot change to CF wheels because lugs are different, though you can go the other way ( CF to standard).
Humm, ok. Wish I would have known this but that's ok. Gives me an excuse to research some other, forged, aftermarket options. Thank you for the heads up before ordering!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Humm, ok. Wish I would have known this but that's ok. Gives me an excuse to research some other, forged, aftermarket options. Thank you for the heads up before ordering!

This 2018 that sold on BaT was ordered with CF wheels: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-ford-gt-7/

... and he sold the car with aftermarket HRE wheels, and in pic 59 below you can see how long the lugs are so that closed end lug nuts weren't used. Sure seems like somewhere there would exist (or could be made) a long threaded cap that could make it look finished, even if it's just a decorative add-on after the open end lug nuts are torqued.
2018_ford_gt_16208517847711491d56344IMG_7932.jpg

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Well my friend , you have ordered the “classic of all classics “ new Ford GT!

Liquid blue was the COBO Hall unveiling color in 2015 at the North American international auto show in Detroit.
Essentially the duplicate of my 2017 car and several others .. liquid blue , white stripes, red calipers , shiny wheels. ( I did opt for the leather steering wheel).

Enjoy ! Drive. I have over 10,000 on my ODO so you have some catch up to do.
Andy (ajb)

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
"This 2018 that sold on BaT was ordered with CF wheels: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-ford-gt-7/"

Yes, that aesthetically, looks terrible as an afterthought. Seems like those wheels have an incorrect backspace issue. Offset appears correct.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Congratulations on your new GT!

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
Well my friend , you have ordered the “classic of all classics “ new Ford GT!

Liquid blue was the COBO Hall unveiling color in 2015 at the North American international auto show in Detroit.
Essentially the duplicate of my 2017 car and several others .. liquid blue , white stripes, red calipers , shiny wheels. ( I did opt for the leather steering wheel).

Enjoy ! Drive. I have over 10,000 on my ODO so you have some catch up to do.
Andy (ajb)

Thats what I'm talking about! I plan to drive mine too.

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
Congratulations on your new GT!

Thank you so much. I also used to own a 996 GT3 Cup car

Reactions: jr66

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You must order carbon fiber wheels to get the long studs. The studs are longer because the wheel hub is thicker. Aluminum wheels will fit the longer studs with an open lug nut but not vice versa. There are no carbon fiber wheels that will fit .the standard lugs. BBS makes a set of aluminum rims that will fit (think Weissach). If your order is in, it is too late to change.

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I plan to inquire on BBS FI-R forged wheels in platinum. Love the design.

Attachments

• 0FFFDBE1-DBB8-4D5C-B62C-7FBDA2763E19.jpeg
    0FFFDBE1-DBB8-4D5C-B62C-7FBDA2763E19.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Cool story, hope to meet you at future events!!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Congrats!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Jealous ! Good luck !

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
Congrats on your new purchase! Cant wait to see it.

I'm another Colorado owner (South Denver)!

RcmaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2021
Colorado
Congrats on your new purchase! Cant wait to see it.

I'm another Colorado owner (South Denver)!

Sounds great! I'm in your backyard (Monument) so we will have to head up to Lafayette for the Cars and Coffee meet. (y)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to the world's best forum RcmaGT! Jay Leno's NGT was basically a no option car also so you are in good company. Congratulations!

Ed