My friend Ray Hofman.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Chip, beautiful eulogy, of what was a beautiful human being. I got chills reading it. Thank you for sharing.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Very nicely done!
Thank you.

FordGT4fun

Thanks Tommy for sharing the link, in fact it was a beautiful service, watching the video resuming his life gave me goose bumps.
God bless his family

Pierre

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Amazing thread about an amazing man.

Wonderful words from our moderator.

Straight from the heart.

Thank you Chip.

RIP Ray.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
No Guts....No Glory

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Another amazing piece of prose from Mr. Beck.
Thanks very much Chip for sharing your thoughts.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Chip, thanks for taking the time to put this together with the pictures. Helps those of us who didn't know him to better understand his amazing life. Feel so awful for the family and close friends.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Chip, This is Shawn Beard. It was good to see you today. I only wish it were under different circumstances. The last time we saw each other we were at Rays hanger
sweeping 10,000sqft and arranging Rays cars to get them at the perfect angle,lol

I am going to miss that guy.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Very touching rememberance from a close friend. Thank you for sharing.
Our prayers for the Hofman family.

Bruce & Jami

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
What a beautiful service with a tremendous message from Janna and Rays Pastor. On line broadcast was like you were sitting there. Prayers to Janna, his boys and family and friends.
That was one of the best I have ever witnessed. Leslie and I sat here and watched/cried through the entire service.

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Chris, Chip, Ray

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Terrible Tragedy. In the few times I met Ray, I was inspired by his zest for life, and his can do attitude. He will be greatly missed.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Heartfelt post chip! I couldn't believe it when I heard the news ! God has a away of taking the good ones which I could never understand ! This saddens me beyond my ability to express in words!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thank You Chip for your wonderful thoughts and pictures of Ray. In life if you are fortunate enough to meet a person like Ray you are Very Blessed. Sharing your thoughts with this group is very special and we will always cherish your words. We love you Buddy. Tomy & Sue

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
what a write up Chip - thanks......

GGPatterson

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2011
Midland, TX
Chip, thanks for sharing all those memories. Very cool. It was great to briefly chat with you today about Ray's love for yellow. During my GT hunt I can specifically remember an email from Ray instructing me to buy yellow, when I was dead set on red. Many months later a yellow GT found its way into my life and now I wouldn't want any other color. He will forever be a part of my GT.

Last edited:

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Thanks for sharing all those stories and memories Chip. I know he was very close to you and Charley. I've always enjoyed hearing about Ray's adventures and have been amazed at how much he has done, particularly with flying, in such a short time. Prayers go out to Janna and their sons.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Thanks for the post Chip. I truly feel cheated not having known Ray better. He will be missed.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for sharing the history, your thoughts and pictures. Ray was a one-in-a-million guy.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
A very well fitting tribute to a extraordinary great FGT friend. Thank you Chip.

My sincere condolences to family and friends! Ray will, just like our other great FGT friend Bony, never be forgotten.

Here is a picture from the Pre Rally in Scottsdale @ Chips house back in 2008.

View attachment 32961

Good times and good memories. Thanks for the wonderful post, Chip. RIP Ray and Daniel.