My First Speeding Ticket

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think this is my first speeding ticket in the GT (hope it's not a sign of things to come). hmmm, I've had so many that they kind of run together, but I been shocked at the lack of attention I get from police when driving the GT. Anyway, I forgot to turn on my V1 or this would have been completely avoidable. The officer followed me for about 3 miles. When he finally hit the lights and pulled me over, he said "Ya, I didn't know if I was pulling over another cop or not." He never cracked a smile tho... I knew what that meant.

I figured I might as well get out and take a picture sense everybody on the Tollway was snapping cell phone pictures. :bored

The more I think about it, the funnier it gets.

Attachments

• 1stTicketsm.jpg
    1stTicketsm.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 268

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Oh wait I forgot about the one I got coming back from the Texas Mile.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I got the impression you are an attorney?

I turn every ticket I get over to my attorney. It is all about points to me as a couple tickets going 10 over on the freeway will totally Fubar my umbrella and boat policies etc.

He used to get them all tossed. Now with the governments scrounging for every dollar they can, they now have prosecuting attorneys for every single kind of infraction if you fight it. Now he negotiates a payment without points. :bored

Classic pic though, saved to hard drive.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I must have missed the story of the wrap on your car?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Mark, I love it. I'm surprised he didn't hassle you about getting out of the car. What was the speed and fine?

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I was pulled over by a State Trooper doing 110MPH in a 55 zone. Was let go with only a warning. Trooper said he never even saw my car, just picked it up on radar as he passed me going in the opposite direction on a 2 lane rural highway. :ack

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It was a bogus ticket. 81 in a 65 but I was just breaking away from a group of cars that had surrounded me to take pictures and gawk. Anyway, I had turned of my radar det for some reason so I didn't have any warning and he got me.

I give all of my tickets to an attorney. In Texas they call the process Deferred Adjudication. You give them an extra $100 to keep to points off your record... it's all about the money. This make #84 but I have only had 3 make it on my record. The 3 that made it on there, were back in 1995 and it was because they gave me all of them at the same time. The judge wouldn't grant the deferred.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I give all of my tickets to an attorney. In Texas they call the process Deferred Adjudication. You give them an extra $100 to keep to points off your record... it's all about the money. This makes #84 but I have only had 3 make it on my record. The 3 that made it on there, were back in 1995 and it was because they gave me all of them at the same time. The judge wouldn't grant the deferred.

Ahem, It is now apparent that I am the grasshopper and you are the master. :bored

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... it's all about the money.

Evidently! (Especially in your neighborhood!)