My Christmas present from Shelby!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Shelby is working on this gal and we are putting Kip's CF interiors and some Heffner goodness before it ships out (and some of the cool stuff from exoticCARe) . Also a preview on some GTX1 wheels (which I never thought I would own again...long story)

MK2sRedFORDGT003a.jpg

MK2sRedFORDGT002a.jpg

This is a before Kip's CF pic (I hope to update it soon)

MK2sRedFORDGT005a.jpg

wheels

wheel_photo.jpg

wheel_photo2.jpg

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Congrats.... I can almost feel that initial sensation.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
AWESOME!!! Congrats! Beautiful car!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
AWESOME!!! Congrats! Beautiful car!

Thanks Ray! I am also getting some stuff from ExoticCare, added that to the original post.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Alex's GT as of today!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Shelby, it appears you are missing a few pieces. I would not ship it out in this condition! ;)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Man the Carbon Fibre on the back of your seats look great. Mine are so bad I will probably paint them black. :frown

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I wouldn't.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I wouldn't.

They are terrible. There is missing gelcoat over the entire surface and you can feel the fiber when you slide your hands over it. Compared to the one shown above, they really pale in comparison. Sorry to hijack thread. :O

Attachments

• 100_0733 2.jpg
    100_0733 2.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 331
H

HHGT

Why dont you clear coat the seat back?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Why dont you clear coat the seat back?

Sound like a good course of action.

BTW, what happen to the finish on the seat? Hard to believe it left the factory that way.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I don't think it will fix it, It is not just unfinished, it has raw CF exposed. Has anyone else fixed theirs that way?

It is the factory finish as far as I can tell. Been told it was not uncommon.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I'd inquire if Kip could repair the finish.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
It can be clear coated. A good, heavy coat of clear will fix your problem. You can also get a MATTE clear that will look more like the original finish on these seats. A regular, gloss clear coat will make them look WET.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
That is pretty bad, I've never seen one like that before. Still wouldn't paint it black, but it is your car. The CF seats are normally so cool looking. I'm sure you are out of warranty, otherwise might have been a valid claim. I'll bet someone on the forum will know what you can do to spruce them up without losing the CF look. Hope you can get it fixed to your satisfaction.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
^^^What Shelby said^^^

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It can be clear coated. A good, heavy coat of clear will fix your problem. You can also get a MATTE clear that will look more like the original finish on these seats. A regular, gloss clear coat will make them look WET.

Thank you for the advice. I will do this instead.

That is pretty bad, I've never seen one like that before. Still wouldn't paint it black, but it is your car. The CF seats are normally so cool looking. .

Oh I totally agree, I am just thinking it is like fiberglass and throwing some gelcoat on top actually makes it look worse. Someone else said the clearcoat would not work either. If Shelby has done it, I am sure it works. Both seat backs have it kinda of spread all over the place. Worst thing would be it doesn't work and we shoot it with black.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Alex's GT as of today!

Weight reduction.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
And the work continues......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us