MV Agusta

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Traded my other bikes for this little jewel. 2010 Brutale with the Cannonball engine kit. It's probably a good time to take out a life insurance policy on me.

MVAgusta08.jpgMVAgusta17.jpgMVAgusta18.jpgMVAgusta22.jpgMVAgusta33.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wow,

that is a beautiful piece of motorcycle.

I would like to chip in on policy in exchange for part beneficiary.

Seriously, be safe.

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
One of my brother's tenants has the same bike. They are sexy as hell. Wear a helmet and a good set of leathers.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'll take a position on the Policy....

Fubar - is this used for "dead beat" recovery?

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Much like the Ford GT, it requires your full attention when it's limits are pushed. Cool choice Mark.
The Technology certainly has changed since this one was raced. I restored this one back in 1996
RIGHTSID.jpg

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
RIGHTSID.jpg

Wow, what a beauty. Was it as much fun to ride as it was to restore?

The bike I bought was a build project for someone, then they sold it as soon as they were done putting components in the motor. It has $12k worth performance goodies on it and 190 miles on the odometer. The local bike dealer I purchased it from said the guys wife told him he was to fat. Harsh! Good motivation for me to keep the weight off. The Brutale is more thought out than my last bike and much more comfortable to ride. I am really looking forward to getting my break-in service done so I can open it up. I haven't had the motor over 8k rpm yet and still find it tricky to keep the front wheel on the ground.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Believe it or not i actually raced that bike for three years after the restoration at a vintage dirt track event that takes place once a year in Iowa.
The rules of the pre 1930 class are No brakes and no clutch and the bike has to be period correct right down to the clincher rim tires.
I was clocked at 80 on the straight away one night and have never riddin it since. it has an 80 inch motor BTW

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Besides being to old here is one reason I dont race antiques anymore. Clincher rims require a lot of air pressure just to keep the tire on the rim. I was running around 80 pounds
sometimes but you just cant get them to stick at that pressure so this is what happened on the front straight away when i lower the pressure too much.
you can see the inner tube wrapping around the axel on the left then it locked up the wheel. I managed to keep it up right but i hit the wall in turn 1
This is a 1915 Harley that i restored after this race and never rode it again either.
Davenporton1915.jpg

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
A few moments later.
1915aftertheblowout.jpg

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Besides being to old here is one reason I dont race antiques anymore. Clincher rims require a lot of air pressure just to keep the tire on the rim. I was running around 80 pounds
sometimes but you just cant get them to stick at that pressure so this is what happened on the front straight away when i lower the pressure too much.
you can see the inner tube wrapping around the axel on the left then it locked up the wheel. I managed to keep it up right but i hit the wall in turn 1
This is a 1915 Harley that i restored after this race and never rode it again either.
Davenporton1915.jpg

Dude.......................yer packin' a huge set of balls to get on that bad boy to begin with! And thankfully packin' an even bigger brain to put that rocket in to retirement.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I always enjoy playing with old cars like that. It’s fascinating to see the technology and what they considered practical. My dad had 1918 Cadillac for a while. It was, by far, the scariest vehicle I have ever tried to pilot… wooden brakes, come on?

Aug 25, 2006
Very cool!!

Thank you for sharing

Shadowman

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Nice bike Mark, I have a 2008 F4 1000 312R that sure is a sweet bike312R.jpg

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I think I’m going to get a new toy. Let me know if any body here is interested in this MV. I really bought it because it was a good deal for a sexy bike. It’s a 2010 Brutale with Factory Cannonball kit. It has 5800 miles and all the trick riding goodies, carbon fiber everywhere, a PowerCommander V with auto-tune and quick-shift. I have the original sales receipt for $32,000.

I figure $19 is a fair wholesale price, $17k is a move it now price… $16,500 to anybody here.

Attachments

• MV1.jpg
    MV1.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 68
  • MV2.jpg
    MV2.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 66
  • MV3.jpg
    MV3.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 65
  • MV4.jpg
    MV4.jpg