More Production Photos

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
Just another image from our production line.. there are also additional pics in the photo gallery.. will keep everyone posted, going to try to post some video of the action of the new roof. The new panel folds up a lot smaller than the prototype part, it is also a lot lighter, with automatic function instead of hand folding.. can't wait to show you!!!

prod.jpg

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
WOW! is that my Black One that will be Chrome red?

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
okay, oops

I first posted that I think that it may be, but then.. my brain woke up.. lol and I realized that more than likely your car is fully stripped because of the paint process. panels are off cataloged and carefully stored and being readied for paint.. I work at prototyping, not production so please pardon my momentary lapse of reason.. :rolleyes

We are working on a camera set up so you can log on and watch the build. Hopefully we will have it running soon.. upgrades were the priority.. we were unable to get to things like that until the last minute, but we are working on it. Sadly the cars getting paint aren't as pretty to look at. the only photo that I have on this laptop is this one, which is a zoom of your car behind some of the prototype stuff. Since this pic was taken the car has been transported to the new facility. The cars for paint were stripped before we were able to get the floors done at the other building and, sadly, before the photographer who is documenting all of the builds started. All of the build is photo documented but our new photographer is just getting some awesome images. There are pictures of all of the steps done on your car, but I don't have those with me at home.. sorry :frown

blackforpaint.jpg

I can't wait to see the x1 in that color combo.. it will be pure joy to look at...

~grace

:cheers

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
It's obvious why Ford selected you to do the GTX1 conversions. It is a beautiful production facility with lots of skilled, non-union, dedicated and talented people making dreams come true.

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I can't tell in the photos where the rear window is. Is it connected to the driver/passenger humps (seats) or to the roof.

The reason I ask is because in the photos with the roof off, it looks like there is no window between the seats. If this is true, then there is either no window back there or it is integrated into the roof. To take this one step further, if there is no window between the seats, then this area would be open all the time. What happens if you get stuck in rain?

Just curious...

CarBuilderGirl

May 28, 2006
Seattle, WA
There is a window, it is special ordered and we did not have one available for the photos, it took longer than we had anticipated to get them in. There are also drain channels in the back so that water can let out the sides.

hope that helps,
~grace

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
So are the cars currently in the shop getting the window or do they have no rear window?
Can you post a pic of the window from one of your initial/test cars?
Thx.
-W

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
OUCH!!

I just shed a tear.......ok, I'm better now.