More power to be pulled from the little engine that could?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If you have an absolutely unlimited budget, do not care about breaking stuff, do not care about devaluing the car by consistently tearing the car apart to fix that broken stuff, and do not care about waiting for long periods of time while this happens, go for it. Stuff will get broken. Virtually all of it will be eye-wateringly expensive, and you will be paying for it because your warranty will be voided. Also, make sure you and the guy doing the work come to an agreement on who foots the bill before hand. If you're good with all that, good luck, and let everyone know how it works out.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
If you have an absolutely unlimited budget, do not care about breaking stuff, do not care about devaluing the car by consistently tearing the car apart to fix that broken stuff, and do not care about waiting for long periods of time while this happens, go for it. Stuff will get broken. Virtually all of it will be eye-wateringly expensive, and you will be paying for it because your warranty will be voided.

If possible, I'd like to use this language in my next warranty case for a manufacturer.

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
Does anyone know outside of the custom tune how different is the engine in the race car vs the street car? Internals, turbos ect. I know most have said it’s not safe pushing mire power out of the car but something tells me with down pipes and a nice tune the GT should make a lot more safe HP. Please come in.
Probably everything. Valve covers, intake manifold, throttle body, dry sump, headers, turbos, turbo position, wastegate, exhaust layout are visible differences.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
How about switching to a K&N air filter?

Ed
Turbonator and your good!

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Well put DBK.
But when a new owner does dive into the deep water, be sure to let us know how it goes!:biggrin

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
It would be easier to buy a 3.5L and build it with a standalone ECU.