More Fun around Rally III

TallCarGuy

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 2, 2006
Santa Ynez, California
Well it just keeps getting better. Aside from The GT School at Willow Springs on September 8th, the Silver State Classic Challenge from the 18th to the 21st, there is now a One Mile Shootout at Nellis Air Force Base on the 27th-28th. Here is where you'll find info.:

http://www.openroadracing.com/carta...sid=cd170ed4dbe1d546da75576925a5c17c&start=10

Paste it in as all one line or go to the message board of openroadracing.com

There's still a few spots open in the September 8th school for Ford GT owners at Willow Springs, if interested e-mail me at TallCarGuy@aol.com and put GT School in the subject matter so it doesn't get stuffed inn the spam folder.

Richard Hille
2005 Ford GT #916
Hille Racing, Inc.
The GT School

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
i have done the Bonneville 100 twice in my viper racing in the 145 mph class. anyway, i used to do the silver state classic's high noon shootout but they banned nitrous so i started doing the texas mile this year because they allow nitrous. if i can use nitrous at this MKM event in Nevada at Nellis AFB i will go. do you know if nitrous will be allowed?

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
i have done the Bonneville 100 twice in my viper racing in the 145 mph class. anyway, i used to do the silver state classic's high noon shootout but they banned nitrous so i started doing the texas mile this year because they allow nitrous. if i can use nitrous at this MKM event in Nevada at Nellis AFB i will go. do you know if nitrous will be allowed?

You won't need nitrous to reach the 170 mph limit for street cars without rollcage. A bone stock GT will do 172 or so in the mile. I don't understand these other races being so conservative.

Thank goodness for the Texas Mile. They let the GT run 200 plus with just helmet and fire extinguisher.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
You won't need nitrous to reach the 170 mph limit for street cars without rollcage. A bone stock GT will do 172 or so in the mile. I don't understand these other races being so conservative.

Thank goodness for the Texas Mile. They let the GT run 200 plus with just helmet and fire extinguisher.

i am not gonna be racing my Ford GT at Nellis AFB. i am gonna be racing my Viper and i have a 150 shot of nitrous hooked up to it. the runway elevation in Vegas at 3,133 feet above sea level is over 2,000 feet higher than it is at the Texas mile. i just found out yesterday that they are gonna allow nitrous and parachutes to be used unlike the Silver State Classic which has banned them at their "HIGH noon" 1 mile top speed shootout. my Viper is teched to run up to 190 mph at this event as i race the Bonneville 100 in the "grand sport" class. they will also have classes for motorcycles for all you dudes with the real cajones and their timing system will be just like the system that is used at the Texas mile. the runway is nearly 11,000 feet long and 200 feet wide so of all the 1 mile top speed tracks in the country now this one is not only the widest but has the longest shut down area. they will be running 2 race lanes on the runway to keeps things moving along in a uninterrupted fashion in case of an oil down that needs to be cleaned up, etc. the best part is your paint is not gonna get sandblasted with GIANT pebbles like it does on the Taxiway at the Texas mile. this has the potential to be the premiere 1 mile top speed shootout event in the country now. i have raced my Viper at MKM's Bonneville 100 road race twice and they are a very safe and well run organization. all the people that are involved with this organization are the best. they have a great dinner party and awards ceremony after the race is over. i will be sending my $$$ and my registration in for this event tomorrow. the best part is it only costs $129-$149 depending on which class you are in. the confirmed race date is Sunday, September, 28th. i hope to see some you guys out there. look for me and my viper in the pits and stop by and say hi. better yet if you are gonna be racing your Ford GT try and pit next to me :thumbsup here is a link to MKM's website and some info on this event :cheers

http://www.openroadracing.com/html/shootout.html

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey Freddy, if they're running two lanes, are they in the same direction or facing eachother?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Hey Freddy, if they're running two lanes, are they in the same direction or facing eachother?

they way i understand it is that the 2 lanes are side by side each other goin in the same direction just like a drag strip but all the cars run one at a time on one lane only. if there is a oil down they will use the backup lane while the primary lane is being cleaned up and so on and so forth.

Last edited: